Chapter 45: Gather The Army

When I woke up the next morning, Ariadne's chest rested on my chest, my arm wrapped gently around her. I'd let her sleep for a while more before we went out to get stuff done. Max and I had created a back up plan, had they got captured in gas town. I thought about them, God I hoped they were Ok, who knows what Phoenix had to do to gain back his trust. I ran my hand down her back gently, remembering the scars she showed me, this made me hate Scabrous Scrotus even more.

Ariadne mumbled, opening her eyes slowly and lifting her head to look me in the eyes, this was the first time she didn't wake up from a nightmare, I kissed her head lightly, running my fingers through her hair. "Morning" I whispered, she sat up, rubbing her eyes.

"Morning" she grumbled, and I just thought her fatigue was adorable.

"When you're all woken up, we have some stuff to do" I began "gotta head down to the Balefire Flatland Region" Ariadne's eyebrows furrowed, scratching her head curiously.

"Ain't that Jeet's territory?" I nodded, glad she had an idea of where we were going. "Why're we going there?"

"Incase Max and Phoenix need our help, we can't go on our own, Jeet has more men than we do here, plus, he's itching to get his hands on Scrotus" I informed her, remembering how angry he was when his war boys over ran his territory, leaving nothing for Jeet but his stronghold.

"Looks like everyone wants his fucking head" she spat in disgust and I could see the hate in her eyes. I kissed her lightly, leaving her on her own for a bit as I went to get some food.

When she was ready, she emerged out of her room, walking towards me, equipped with her weapons and her bag, her hair tied up in a bun. She sat down with me, eating whatever she could stomach. We talked a little, laughed about some things we remembered, memories with family and friends.

When she was ready, we headed for one of the many cars we had at the citadel, no use taking a rig to go and talk to someone. Ariadne hummed to herself for most of the ride there, Jeet's territory was pretty far out. A few cars passed us, Ariadne looked worried about them but I assured her they were too far to see it was us.

After about an hour, we finally reached the stone walls of Jeet's territory, there were no guards out front, but a line of Archers on the top of the huge wall, all of them pulling out their arrows and aiming them at me and Ariadne.

The both of us stepped out of the car, hands above our heads. Jeet stepped up to the wall, holding a megaphone. He examined me for a bit, didn't know if he would recognize me from the last time he saw me.

"State your name and business" he spoke, the megaphone making his voice loud and clear.

"It's me!" I called out, loud as I could "Furiosa, this is Ariadne, one of my Imperators!" Jeet went silent for a moment.

"Does she have any knowledge of medicine?" I sighed, remembering just how much pain Jeet suffered. The horrible burns on the right side of his body, and the horrible migraines he suffered from.

"She knows something, but nothing that can help you Jeet I'm sorry!" I called out, Ariadne looked at me puzzled, I knew she wanted to help. He didn't say another word, just stared down at me. "Jeet I need to talk to you! It's serious!" He still said nothing. "Do you want your chance to get at Scrotus or not?!" He turned away, and I grew angry, how could he not care? But before we could get back into the car the large stone doors opened, and we were escorted in.

We sat at a table across from Jeet, who had his feet on the table, playing with a piece of string, I watched as Ariadne examined him, seeing that Jeet was in a lot of pain, I could see him trying to subdue his headaches, enough pain to make him pass out, but he was strong, and he held out for so long.

"So what is it exactly that you want, Furiosa?" He asked, I had to be careful what I said to him, he was the best person he could be but he was short tempered, irritable, tense and jittery.

"We have people on the inside" I said "we need you and your men for war" he chuckled, standing up and pacing in a circle. "And... On the off chance that they discover our people inside, I'll need you for an immediate attack" Jeet slammed his hands on the table, looking me dead in my eyes.

"And what exactly is in it for me? Mm?" He laughed again, he was going more and more insane every day. "Why would I go and risk the lives of my warriors in a pointless war?"

"But it's not pointless" Ariadne spoke. "I came from gas town, I know Scrotus' army, and with our people on the inside we can figure out their war plan, figure out a direct attack that can take him down" Jeet's eyes shot sharply at her, he didn't like when people interrupted his conversations, but he seemed to let it slide.

"Again, I ask, what's in it for me, blondie?" His voice was raspy, and you could hear the pain in it.

"How would you like your territory back?" She offered, Jeet's hard face softened.

"When do we start?"