Chapter 13: Open Mind

I can't believe he's gonna leave us like that but in a way I think I understand. There was something going on about him and I could feel it.

"I know you are angry but I don't think you should have said that back there." I say to Phoenix as calm as possible. I know that if I felt I couldn't protect someone I would probably leave to. Maybe that's why he left.

Maybe there's something deep within him that none of us know about. Memories, and death. I would have to assume.

If that's the case I know how that goes. "You remember how I was when we first met mm?" I say trying to open Phoenix's mind. "We don't know his reasons for leaving. When you don't know how to take care of anybody but yourself, you feel it is best to go alone." I say quietly.

Being alone is terrible out here. I was alone for so long. "We will be fine, you know. We can do this ourselves. Nothing we're not used to." I say with a hint of pain in my voice.

Max was a mysterious man. We don't know anything about him so who are we to assume anything. "Maybe she's right." Furiosa states relaxing a bit. We don't have time to fret over this. We have to find shelter. "I guess you're right. Besides we have to get to work. We need shelter as soon as possible." Phoenix replys with anger lingering in her voice.

Stone cold is all I could feel on the outside. I kept everything within myself for no one to know. That created walls that only Phoenix could break down.

Furiosa is driving the war rig and I'm in the passenger seat looking out the window. The hot sun beating on my face, resulting in lots of sweat. It's so hot out here in the wasteland. Sometimes I get sick out here in the ridiculously hot weather.

I really hope that Phoenix has calmed down now. She was heated. I was too. I didn't want Max taking the only person I truely care about away from me. She's the only person that understands me.

We have found shelter. We will set up here for now. "I'll be back later in the night okay?" Furiosa tells us leaving us with some water and food for the night. I hope it doesn't get to cold out here. I lay in the small cave that we found and start thinking to myself.