Chapter 60: Goodmorning, Love

I continue to lay by her side. She still seems exaughsted. I don't blame her though. I'd probably be exaughsted if I lost that much blood. I lay there hugging her. I don't want to leave her side.

I feel movement, "Hey" She says softly. "Goodmorning" I say with a smile. "If you're hungry, I can go get you food." I state wanting her to rest. "I can get it myself" She says a hint of pain in her voice. I can't really tell if she's doing alright or not.

She gets up walking out of the room, I decided to follow her. We go to the cafeteria type room, grab food, and sit down next to each other. "Hey you're up!" Furiosa says excitedly. "Yeah, I feel better today" She says as she's eating her food.

I continue eating. I feel like Phoenix is hurting more then she says she is. I know she's very hard headed. I just don't want to see her get hurt again. I can't let her get hurt again. I shake the thoughts out of my head. Furiosa and Phoenix are talking. I guess I zoned out.

I look at Phoenix and notice she's holding her stomach. I think she's in a lot more pain then she says. She's so strong. I love her for being so strong. She can take care of herself but I still feel very obligated to protect her. I kiss her head and I go off to think and fix my car and some of the war rigs.