Chapter 86: Complete Confusion

After we were done eating Jeet wanted to talk to me about something. I felt like it had something to do with what he said while we were eating. I see Max walking towards Jeet and I decide to follow him. Jeet notices us, "Oh good y'all are both here!" He says seeming excited to talk to us.

"What was that about during dinner?" Max asks, eager for an answer. Jeet looks at both of us, "I had a dream. You two were younger and there were two younger boys with you. Max, you were packing up like you were moving out. It looked like this was before everything went crazy. Ariadne, you looked really upset about him leaving. That's all I got out of the dream." Jeet says, seriousness in his voice. We were both silent.

I remember everything, and I think he did too. "You never came back, and you never called to make sure we were okay. I had to take care of the boys after mom passed. Why the fuck didn't you come back?" I mumble quietly, but stern and cold. He said nothing. He just walked away and back to whatever he was doing.

Everything was already starting to get bad where me and my old family lived. So he split. Probably went north. I don't know why he couldn't take us. Maybe he was supposed to come back. I couldn't really believe what I had just heard but it all made sense.

I go back to my room and sit on the bed. I sit and think. I think about it over and over again. I guess Jeet knew we had to deal with this on our own so he left us be. I guess living in the wasteland for so long, we forgot there was anything before it. We somewhat remember the people but not the world. I just lay in bed and I try to sleep.