Chapter 87: I Can't Believe It

"What's wrong?" I asked, watching Ariadne walk in, distraught and shock on her face. She sat next to me, staring blankly into the floor. "Ariadne?" I asked, a bit more pressing, becoming worried.

"Max...." She breathed, oh I'd fucking kill him if he did anything stupid. "He's... My... Brother" she said, sounding shocked. My eyes widened that was... That was impossible, I mean even if they were how would they even find out for sure, we didn't have the technology for blood tests.

"W-wha-"

"I know I know...." She spoke, not being able to really comprehend what's going on. She leaned her head on me, staring at her hands. "He... He left and never came back... I guess I pushed it into my subconscious... And then when the world went to shit... Well I guess I just... Didn't want to remember." I nodded, but I was still so confused.

"How do you know?" I asked, grabbing her hand and playing with it.

"Jeet... Jeet had a dream..." I didn't understand how the fuck Jeet kept doing this! It seemed everything he dreamed, or said, or wondered had some way of coming to the world. It wasn't just reading people anymore, it was like he could use more of his brain than the rest of us. "Well did you guys talk?...." I asked, not knowing what else to say, Ariadne shook her head, putting it into her hands and breathing deeply.

"He just fucking walked away like he fucking always does" she said angrily, angry tears running down her face. I could only imagine how he felt too, probably so angry and confused.

"Ariadne if that's the case, you are all each other have left... You need to talk this out" I spoke softly, running my hands through her soft hair.

"No, he left me behind, he's no brother of mine" I sighed, kissing her head lightly. She laid down, trying to relax herself, but I knew she'd be up all night, hopefully when I fell asleep, she would go and talk to him.