Chapter 90: When We Were Young

We all finished eating and I went back to my room for a bit. I was so angry with him. I still wondered why he left us. It didn't make sense. I just wasn't sure but despite that I was angry and hurt because we all needed him.

I got up and made my way to the garage, where I figured Max would most likely be. He looked up at me, his face stone cold. "Why the fuck did you leave?" I asked my voice cold and angry. He didn't reply and that pissed me off more. I needed clarity. "We needed you, I needed you! Why did you leave, Max??" I asked again. I was more hurt then I let anyone see. "I don't know!" He yelled back. I had never heard or seen him like that.

He grabbed Phoenix and made his way outside with her, taking his car. I didn't even notice she was in the room. I didn't notice anyone but him. He quickly left and I tried to run after them until Furiosa stopped me. "Let me go!" I yelled. She just pulled me into a hug. "They will be back" She said calmly. I held her tight.

I couldn't believe he left me again. I couldn't believe Phoenix went with him. I needed her and she went with him. All the memories with my family were flooding my mind. I had to  watch them all die and I couldn't protect them. They all died because of me. Maybe if he was there thay wouldn't have happened. Maybe I wouldn't have had to suffer as much as I did. I went back to my room and layed down. Furiosa layed next to me and tried to calm me down. I was so tense and angry.