Chapter 43: Time To Go

I take one last look at Ariadne, pulling her into a tight hug. I could feel her shaking a little, she was scared, we all were.

"You come home" she demanded, pulling away to look at my face. I grabbed her hand, holding it tightly nodding my head sternly. I turn to Furiosa, her eyebrows furrowed in worry, but she held her ground, she was so strong and a great leader. She pulls me into a hug as well whispering something to me.

"You take care of her, alright?" She nodded, tall and proud, like a warrior. I turned to Max who was holding an iron mask in his hand, the one he wore from when he was being used as a blood bag for the noble War Boy Nux. "Shit, Max..." I sighed, realizing what he was telling me. He was smart, if I had the mask on him it would be more believable, I would just remove it afterwards. He put it on his face, locking it and pulling up the chain so he held it in his hand. I turned to face Furiosa and Ariadne one more time, waving to them as we got into the car.

I sped off onto the dirt road, Max putting himself In cuffs and looking over at me, for him to do this, he was just as determined as I was,

"We get in, we get the information and then we're gone." I spoke. He nodded, but I was worried, what if Scrotus' didn't believe me? What if the whole plan fell apart, what if he killed me?.... What if he killed Max? I shook the horrible thought out of my head, gripping the wheel tightly. Max hand gently touched my knee, rubbing it softly before placing it back in his lap.

I slowly pulled into the gates of gas town, slowly getting out of the car. The war boys approached me and I walked to the passenger side, opening the core and grabbing the chain connected to Max's mask. He got out of the car, but we worked together to make it seem like I was forcing him, he fought against my grip. As the war boys came closer, I pulled a shot gun out of its holster on my thigh, aiming it at them. They stopped, just as ready to shoot me as I was to shoot them.

"And so the traitor returns" one of them spoke, his voice crazed and raspy. I pulled Max to me, pressing the gun to his head.

"I've brought a prisoner, I need to speak to Scrotus" my voice changed completely, a voice I used only in gas town, the voice of a cold hearted imperator, who Scrotus wanted me to be. The war boys just stared, not bringing their guns down, they didn't believe me. I began to worry, but held my face as best as I could. Max struggled against my grip, and I smacked the back of my gun on the back of his knee. He growled, falling to his knees. I felt fucking horrible, but the war boys lowered their guns.

The large gates of Gas town opened, and out walked a huge, muscled man. Scrotus approached me. I bowed my head down only making eye contact when he gave me permission. He said nothing, waiting patiently for my explanation.

"Ariadne and I snuck into their rig when Imperator Furiosa came, we got into the citadel" Scrotus rose an eyebrow, bringing his hand to his chin and rubbing it thoughtfully. "They believed us when I said we were prisoners, They took us in, gained their trust, and learned their plans" Scrotus laughed in delight, before looking down at Max. "I thought you would like to see him in chains" I spoke, a more evil undertone in my voice. "Ariadne was lost, Furiosa killed her once she realized that we were spies." I lied.

Scrotus placed his hand on my shoulder, I could see how proud he was, and it made me fucking sick. "Take the prisoner, scrap his car and bring our Imperator to her quarters, she has returned a hero"

"No" I spoke, a little uneasy, and Scrotus' smile faded. Max looked up at me, his eyes saying 'what the fuck are you doing?!' Scrotus crossed his arms over his chest, and I cleared my throat. "He can easily escape a cell, he needs to stay in my presence, I can handle him" Scrotus thought on it for a bit, but nodded. "And I want his car, as my trophy" he laughed an evil laugh, I tugged at Max's chain, watching him struggle to get to his feet. A war boy brought Max's car into gas town, and into my garage, with my war rig and my bike. Scrotus placed his hand gently on my back, and just like that Max and I made it into Gas Town.