Chapter 46: The Devils Lair

I try to get as comfortable as I can, considering I'm chained up. I really hope this goes smoothly. These handcuffs are rubbing my wrists raw. Well I can't say anything until Phoenix gets back from a meeting with Scrotus. I don't like that I don't know where she is or if she's okay.

I hope she's okay. I continue to think to myself, as usual. My mind stumbles upon her. I begin to realize how beautiful she really was. And she was great with cars. I'm disrupted from my thoughts. "Max we gotta get out of here, they found out Ariadne is still alive" Phoenix tells me, panicking."Okay get me out of these chains and we will go" I saw calmly trying to sooth her. She gets me out and we both start making our way to the garage. We get attacked by war boys and Scrotus himself.

All of the war boys tackle me and keep my to the ground. Scrotus grabs Phoenix, "You lied to me!" He barks at her. He starts hitting her. I become furious. "Don't fucking touch her!" I yell, adrenaline pumping through my body. I get away from the grasp of war boys and get her away from Scrotus.

I pull her over my shoulders and run as fast as possible to the garage. I put her in the car and I quickly get in and start the car driving out of Gas Town. Thankfully they left the gates open. I drive as fast as I can to the Citadel. Eventually we make it. Thankfully with no trouble. I get out and Phoenix gets out.

I quickly go over to her. She's all beat up. I become even more furious. I couldn't protect her. "I'm so sorry Phoenix, I couldn't protect you" I say feeling awful and fucking livid. I wrap my arm around her waist helping her up the stairs. "Max, it's okay, it's not your fault" She says, pain in her voice.