Chapter 85: What Do You Mean?

I laid with Max, he seemed to be lost in his thoughts. I stayed quiet, drawing circles on his chest with my finger. The dog jumped on the bed, curling up into a ball at our feet. I looked at him, he brought some sort of warmth to the empty room.

"What if we just name him dog?" I laughed but max looked at me. Then at the dog.

"Yeah... Dog" he said thoughtfully.

"Max, You alright?" I asked, playing on top of him and looking into his eyes. He nodded, rubbing my back gently. I kissed his chin, his jaw, then his lips.

"Just thinking about what Jeet said..." He mumbled, rubbing his face with his hand.

"What about you and Ariadne looking alike?" I never thought about it but they kind of did, I looked up at him, and it looked like he was trying to dig something out of his mind, something he might've locked away.

"Only because Jeet said it, I mean when has he ever said anything that hasn't meant something?" I thought about it... He was right. I had never really noticed it before, their eyes were the same too,

"Maybe you're just thinking about it too much, plus I'm pretty sure Jeet was drunk I could hear him singing and running around earlier" I laughed, but Max's face stayed straight, "Maybe you should go talk to Jeet if it's bothering you that much" Max sighed, running his hand through my hair. We laid there for a while.

"I'm gonna go talk to Jeet" he sighed, kissing me sweetly and getting up, leaving me alone with dog. I sighed and dog crawled over to me, laying where max was laying before. I leaned my head onto him, listening to his little heartbeat. His big brown eyes looked over at me, poor poor thing, I wondered where he even came from, or how he survived this long. I kissed in between his ears before resting my head back on the pillow, drifting into sleep.