Chapter 10: The Plan

I ran around desperately, where the fuck was Max?! It wasn't like him to disappear from the stronghold without telling me he was going, regardless Max wasn't the priority right now. I sprinted up the that vault, opened up the door and let myself in quietly.

"Ariadne?!" I called out into the dark silence, there was some fumbling, but her eyes popped up from behind some books and I let out a sigh of relief. "Ok your safe, but where's Phoenix?!" I tried to stay as calm as I could, but this wasn't good, at all.

"I don't know! She took of with Max!" I groaned, she was safe with Max of course, but neither of them had any idea that gas town war boys were on their way. I quickly grabbed Ariadne by the wrist, pulling her out towards my war rig, untouched since Fury Road.

"They'll hold base until we find Max and Phoenix, the war boys will probably search the place, it's better that you're not here" Ariadne looked nervous, but without question hopped into the war rig. In a few seconds we were off, speeding down the road trying as best as I could to follow the fresh tracks of what I prayed was Max's car.

"How long will it take for them to reach the citadel?"

"I'm not sure, I think it's safer for us to set up camp away from the citadel for a day or two until they've cleared out" Ariadne nodded, very attentive, she was intelligent I could see, and not to mention she was an imperator, she knew war.

"They'll send the war boys first, to scope out the place, if they find something they don't like, they'll bring it back to Scrotus.... And he'll definitely send bigger things our way" she spoke, more clearly now that it was just me and her alone. Her voice was sweet, almost soothing. I watched as Citadel got smaller and smaller as we drifted farther away from it.

"Fucking Max" I groaned, scanning the horizon for any sign of his black on black I couldn't help but look over at Ariadne, the way her hair shone like gold in the sunlight, the ferocity in her eyes, like an imperator should have, but there was a softness, a different side that she didn't show to many people. "So, you've got gas town in a frenzy looking for you, is there something I don't know?"

Ariadne looked over at me, but there was a hardness in her eyes, something I haven't seen before. "They were planning an attack on The Citadel... They're probably coming to make sure we weren't feeding you information"

"What information?" I demanded, sounding a little ruder than I thought, but Ariadne understood the severity of the situation.

"Well, being imperators, we know the strengths and weaknesses of the army, we know the whole attack plan, I just didn't think they were going to go through with it, after fury road, no one wanted to fuck with you... Or Max".  She revealed, playing with her fingers gently. I thought long and hard, maybe this was the best time to discuss the plan with her.

"Well, I might just need that information sometime soon, if they're going to attack them we need be ready" I spoke, looking over into her beautiful eyes that were already on me.  "I've been thinking about getting rid of Scrotus and his tyranny on gas town before it spreads across the wasteland" She nodded, and immediately began to explain gas towns war plan, as we decided what was best to counter act them.

"If we kill Scrotus, the war boys are done, they won't know what else to do" she said, "but it isn't going to be easy" I nodded solemnly, it was fury road all over again, but this time, we had an advantage.