Chapter 14: Suspicions

I pulled the war rig into the citadel, I was angry at Max for leaving, but I always angry at myself for putting Ariadne and Phoenix in danger. I wondered if they'd be ok until I returned. I looked down the road, I could see gas town approaching, they would likely search the citadel.

I ran up to their room, cleaning out whatever I could find that showed they were in here and continued down to to storage room for food and water.

"Furiosa!" A voice called, I turned to see one of my trusted imperators. "Gas town is requesting an audience with you" I nodded, pulling everything into a bag and throwing it over my shoulder. "If they ask about Phoenix and Ariadne, they were never here, tell the others" she nodded, walking away to prepare the others,
Heading outside once again only to be greeted by a war boy, but he was big and bulky, looked like he was on steroids. We stared at each other for a moment, but I held a hard posture, showing no fear or any sort of worry.

"Prisoners have escaped from gas town, very dangerous, have they sought refuge here?" His stance was large and intimidating, but I showed nothing but the hard face of the warrior they knew me as. "You're the closest to us"

"No" I said sternly, "I would have contacted Scrotus the second they got here" the war boy narrowed his eyes at me, trying to find some sort of distraught in my voice.

"What's in the bag?" He asked, pointing to the brown bag over my shoulder.

"Food and water, you caught me at a bad time, I'm heading out for a raid" I lied, praying that he believed me, the war boys nodded, and began to file into the citadel.

"You don't mind us searching your stronghold do you?" He spoke, an evil smile on the corner of his lips. I shook my head, I had cleaned out their room, hopefully there was nothing left for them to find, but they would find out eventually, this did nothing but delay it.

"If you need anything, my imperators will aid you, I need to head out" the war boy examined me one last time before nodding and heading into the citadel. I waited until almost everyone was gone, only a few war boys remained outside to watch the vehicles. I hopped in the war rig, putting the large bag of food in the passenger seat and speeding off into the sand. I hoped that the girls were safe, I was sure they could take care of themselves, I had given them both guns and they knew how to use them.

I watched as the citadel faded into the distance, making sure no one followed me, I would bring the girls back once they were off to the next town, maybe Jeet's territory. They needed to stay as far away from the war boys as they could until we could figure out the perfect plan to destroy their leader.