Chapter 19: Keep Them Safe

I really fucking hope they don't find the hide out. I get in my car rushing towards the hide out as fast as possible. I finally make it there and I silently get out of my car, grabbing my shotgun, and looking into the cave.

I relax, they're asleep. I sit in front of the cave and keep an eye out very closely. I hear something behind me. Sounds like shivering. Ariadne. I grab a blanket from my car and cover her. She's probably trying to keep Ariadne warm with her body heat. Ariadne clutched the blanket between her fists hard. Probably having a nightmare. She's mumbling in her sleep. I can't tell what she's saying.

I look at Phoenix with a soft smile. I cover her up with a blanket as well. It gets cold out here a lot more then you would think. I sit back in front of the cave watching closely.

It's the next day and I'm exaughsted. Poor Ariadne had nightmares and night fevers all night. I hope Phoenix got some sleep though. I hear moment and Phoenix plops herself next to me. "Morning" She says tiredly. "Morning" I reply flashing a smile.

Soon enough Ariadne wakes up frightened and tense. Seems to happen a lot. She sits next to Phoenix and rests her head on her shoulder. "How are you feeling?" Phoenix asks quietly. Ariadne is silent. She looks terrible.

"Get your stuff together we've got to go back to the Citadel. They know we have you and we have to keep you safe." I say, anger an panic slightly in my voice.

We gather everything and get in my car. Driving to the Citadel I notice Phoenix having a worried look on her face. "It will be alright..." I mumble to her. I believed that it would be okay. She nodded, with a little hope in her beautiful eyes.

We make it to the Citadel and I help Phoenix carry Ariadne to the room and lay her down. Phoenix follows me to go work on the car some more.