Chapter 98: I Messed Everything Up

I heard Phoenix fighting. I knew what Phoenix said wasn't true. She loved him and I know that for a fact. I heard foot steps and I walked out of my room. "Phoenix..." I called to her quietly. She stopped in her tracks and looked straight at me. She looked so hurt. "I thought you didn't want to talk to me?" She spat. I knew she was angry. "I didn't know you wanted to come back." I mumble. "Well I did. Now I'm in this situation and it's all your fault." She said angrily, walking away.

I went back to my room and sat on my bed. This was way too much for me to comprehend in one week. I got up and went to the garage, where I saw Max sitting there, his head in his hands. "She didn't mean what she said, Max" I spoke up. His head shot up. I couldn't read his emotions. He didn't say anything back. He just stared at me. "I'm sorry I fucked things up for you" I said trying to hide the hurt in my voice. I didn't mean for any of this to happen.

I woke up from a terrible nightmare. I got up and I was trying my best to avoid everyone. I went to get breakfast and saw everyone sitting at the table, looking miserable. I honestly felt bad. This is all my fault. I turned around and made my way back to my room and sat on my bed. I wasn't hungry at all. I couldn't tell what I was feeling. Angry, sad, everything? I don't know.

Furiosa walked in and sat next to me. She pulled me closer to her. I honestly didn't want to be around anyone but she made me feel better. I'm sure she wanted to know what the hell was going on between all of us. I knew no one was really talking to each other. She placed a gentle kiss on my head and looked at me. I couldn't tell if she was going to say anything or not.