Chapter 9: Adrenaline Rush

I get up from the table "I'll talk to you later mm?" I say to Furiosa letting a smile escape my lips. She nodded and I went back to my room. I'm not really a fan of being around a lot of people. I isolate myself quite a bit.

I lay in my bed thinking to myself when I hear Phoenix burst in with joy. "What are you so happy about?" I ask. "Me and max went and got the V8 engine!!!" Phoenix says happily. "Really??" I ask in disbelief. We were so excited when we found it. I remembered that day so well. That was a good day.

"Yeah! I gave it to Max since we don't have a vehicle anymore! He was so excited!" She says joyfully. Really? Max excited? Seems like something very rare to see. "Take me to see it. I bet it goes beautifully with his car." I mumble to Phoenix.

She takes me and I take a look and it's as beautiful as I thought! "Well done you guys." I say with a half smile on my face. I look over at Max. I can see the excitement in his eyes although he doesn't wear it on his face.

Welp, back to my room I go. "Have fun with that." I say with a slight chuckle.

I run into Furiosa who looks quite worried. "What's going on?" I ask quietly, grabbing her shoulder as she was rushing to her imperators.

"Gas Town is on their way" She says with concern in her voice. "You and Phoenix need to hide!" She yells slightly panicking.

I go back to get Phoenix, but her, Max, and the car are gone. Most likely going on a raid or a joy ride. I panic and run to my room pumping with adrenaline and hide behind a pile of books. I hope they haven't spotted them.