Chapter 79: A Beautiful Dream

"Furiosa... Furiosa honey, wake up" her sweet voice called, my eyes opened, I was in a room, a normal room, laying in a huge bed, I sat up, white walls, wooden floors... This was a house. I looked at Ariadne, she wore a black t-shirt and some Pajama pants, i used my hands to lift myself up,  noticing my arms...

I had both of them.

Ariadne smiled, laying in bed with me and grabbing for a remote, turning on the T.V. I looked around the room. Huge windows with white curtains lining them, blowing in the wind slightly, I could smell the ocean...

"You wanna go check on her?" I looked at her, having no idea what she was talking about, but I nodded, kissing her and getting out of the bed. I walked to the two French doors at the entrance of the bedroom. I opened them, revealing a hallway. I walked down it, and then down spiralling wooden stairs. There was a little girl in the kitchen, sitting and eating some cereal.

"Mommy!" She laughed, running to me and hugging me tightly. She was beautiful, spitting image of my lovely Ariadne, I picked her up and she wrapped her hands around my neck, her little head resting in the crook of my neck.
There was a knock at the front door, and I carried the little sweetheart to go answer it. When I opened it, there stood max, a white t-shirt, black jeans and a black watchcap and a leash in his hand, attached to a German Shepherd, on his head, linked to his arm was Phoenix, her stomach slightly bigger than I remembered.

"UNCLE MAX!" The little girl screamed, reaching out for him, I let her go into his arms.

"HI BABY," he he beamed, a huge smile on his face, lifting her up as she laughed. "Oh you've gotten so big!" Phoenix kissed her on the cheek and they walked in. I didn't understand what was happening, but whatever it was it was beautiful. Ariadne walked down the stairs, jumping on Phoenix but minding her stomach. They laughed, holding each other in a hug.

We were all sitting at the table, eating breakfast that Ariadne made, and it was delicious. I watched as they were all laughing and talking together, the dog playing with my little girl, so protective of her.

"So, how have you guys been?" Ariadne asked, stuffing her face with pancakes, causing Phoenix to laugh, telling her to eat slower before she choked.

"Pretty good actually" Max smiled, he was different, he was happy and talkative and... Well he wasn't mad. The dog came to his side, sitting next to him and he patted his head. "Koda busted some drug dealers the other day" I realized that this dog was a K9 Police dog.

"Good boy" I laughed, scratching behind the dogs ear, he licked my hand.

"Speaking of boys..." Phoenix spoke, a huge smile on her face, Ariadne and I stared at her for a moment both of us confused, Max was smiling too.

"OH MY GOD" Ariadne screamed jumping up from her seat. "REALLY?!" Phoenix nodded happily and Ariadne jumped around happily, god she was so adorable and funny and beautiful and she was all mine.

My little girl climbed into my lap, stealing some strawberries off my plate.

"Aww you little thief!" Max teased, she smiled at him, running away. Max chased her making monster noises and tickling her when he caught her. Ariadne came over to my, kissing my head and sitting in my lap.

"You ok sweetie?" She asked, looking into my eyes.

"Yeah" I smiled, getting lost in her blue eyes.

----

I sat up, looking over to my side at Ariadne, she was sleeping soundly next to me. I brought my arms up, and let out a deep sigh. There I was, one arm, right back in the citadel. It was all just a dream, such a beautiful beautiful dream.

I ran my fingers through the golden strands of Ariadne's hair, at the end of the day, I knew she was real, and that's what kept me sane. I sighed leaning back onto the bed and staring at the ceiling, I'd do anything for that to happen to us, for us to be happy, for none of this bullshit to have ever happened.

I wondered if I would tell them about it, or if I should just keep my dream to myself. All I knew was that Ariadne was all I needed, wasteland or not, no matter where we were, how we were living, rich, poor, blistering head, freezing cold, as long as I had her everything was okay.