Chapter 54: Relax

"Don't ever do that to me again" I say, my voice shaky and raspy from crying. I almost lost her. But I knew she was strong enough to come back. I give her a gentle hug and kiss her on the forehead one last time before I left her with Max. "I'm sorry I worried you all" Phoenix says softly, her voice raspy as well. I give her a soft smile and leave the room. She will be okay with Max. I see a different connection between them now. It seems stronger then before.

I go back to my room, ploping myself on my bed. My whole body aches. Especially my arm, where the son of a bitch twisted it. He's gone now. He can't hurt any of us anymore. I just lay there losing myself in my thoughts. Furiosa walks in, "And how are you feeling?" She asks as she sits in a chair next to my bed. I don't say anything. I'm to tired to.

She gets up and lays next to me examining my wounds and bruises. "Do they hurt?" She asks softly. "Mm, not to bad." I mumble. I examine myself realizing I have deep black bruises all over me. I guess I was to filled with adrenaline to even feel anything. I haven't slept in two days and I felt like absolute shit.

Furiosa wraps one arm around me from behind. I smile a bit. I'm glad I have her too. I grab her hand, interlocking her fingers with mine, stroking my thumb with hers.

I never thought I'd find love ever again. But this time I think I have. I get lost in my thoughts of her and I slowly start drifting to sleep. It's dark now, making it much easier for me to sleep, I hold Furiosa's hand tighter and finally fall asleep.