Chapter 96: I Can't Lose You

I didn't want to talk to either Phoenix or Ariadne. I wanted to just leave but I  know I really can't. Phoenix and Ariadne would be pissed. I shouldn't leave my sister and I shouldn't leave the one I love. I'll just leave them be for now.

Ariadne came storming in, "Why the fuck did you just leave Phoenix in the middle of no where like that?!" She yelled. I don't know how she knew that. I didn't reply. "Max, what the fuck?! You got her hurt!" She yelled again. "She wanted to go back, she wanted to leave, so I let her" I mumbled. I looked up at her, her face stone cold, but she didn't seem as angry. "Why did you leave me? Why'd you leave again?" She asked more calmly now. I didn't reply, I couldn't.

I sat down. Ariadne left, probably to go talk to Phoenix. The voices in my head were back, and much worse then before. I kept to myself about it. I don't want everyone worrying. Especially Phoenix. No one needs to know what's going on. It's no one's business, right?

I still had a hard time remembering why I left my family. I can only remember leaving in a hurry. I don't remember if I was going to go back. All I know I'd Ariadne had to suffer losing them all, except me. I knew what that was like. I know what it's like to lose everyone you love. I care about them, I can't lose them. Not the only family I have, or the person I love dearly. Not this time.