Chapter 35: Scared To Take Chances

As the sun has almost disappeared we continued to look at the stars appearing more and more. We held each other until I broke the silence. "It's getting a little late" I say, suggesting we should head back. "Yeah, you're probably right." She says tiredly.

"You can drive again if you want" I say smiling at her. She lit up immediately. I think she really loves my car as much as I do. I chuckle at the thought. I help her off the rock and walk with her to the car.

On our way back to the Citadel, I can't help but stare at her. Watching her drive. Her focus happily on driving. I don't know if it's good that I'm getting feelings like this.

I've only ever loved one person but I think that's changing. I don't know if I can handle it. What if I lose her. What if something happens. I don't know if this is okay.

We make it back to the Citadel and I follow her back to the vault. I see Ariadne and Furiosa sitting across from each other. They look at us with confused looks on their faces. "Don't be mad that we left. We wanted to get out for fresh air" I add before Furiosa gets angry at me again. She just shrugged it off. That was very wierd of her. She seems in a really good mood. Also wierd.

I become skeptical about how me and Phoenix's relationship is growing. I'm scared to lose her. I'm just scared of a relationship in general. I feel like I've opened up too much. "Goodnight  Phoenix. I miss my bed." I say tiredly hoping not to hurt her feelings.

I feel like I should just back off for a bit. Maybe that's a good idea. I walk out of the room and down to my room. I lay in bed and try not to think too much.

I start to hear the voices again. Anytime I'm alone they attack me. They keep me awake. I try my best to shrug it off and drift to sleep.