Chapter 48: The Other Side

I'm just beyond furious. I can't believe he laid one God damn finger on her!! All I see is red. I immediately march myself into my room, closing the vault door behind me, I just start throwing things. I sit on my bed calmly, trying to calm down. I can't talk to anyone when I'm like this.

I just sit there silently. Pissed off like no tomorrow. It's dark outside now. I lay down trying to rest, my whole body tense. Hopefully no one will bother me. I hear a knock at the door and I see Furiosa and Phoenix. "Are you okay..?" Both or them ask calmly. I'm silent. I hear Furiosa tell Phoenix to go make sure Max is alright. Furiosa sits next to me and gently lays her hand on my shoulder, making me tense up. "I know you're mad but we are going to get him back." She says calmly. I grab her wrist tightly, "I will make him suffer." I say, no emotion in my voice. I let go of her wrist and I stay silent again.

She stays by my side rubbing my back gently, hoping to calm me down. My body relaxes and I begin to think. I think of every way I could kill him. I think of Phoenix, hoping she's okay. I think of Max, understanding exactly what he's feeling. I start to think of Furiosa.

I feel calm but nervous at the same time. I catch myself starring at her more often now. She's beautiful. She thinks a lot like I do but she's so different at the same time. I can't let her in to far. I'm afraid of these feelings. I can't let people get to close. I have only let Phoenix in. Just her. She hasn't given me a reason not to trust her with my feelings. I don't know if Furiosa has earned that kind of trust yet. I don't even know if I have earned hers.

Furiosa brings a chair next to my bed and grabs my hand interlocking my fingers with hers. I clench tightly and I start to go into deep thought. I will not let Phoenix leave this place without me with her. I begin to drift off to sleep still clenching tightly to Furiosa's hand.