Chapter 68: Questioning

I couldn't help but wonder what Phoenix and Furiosa are talking about. They both had very serious looks on their faces. After that I see a very sad and concerned look on Furiosa's face. Now I'm concerned. Phoenix starts walking back and she doesn't seem to happy herself.

"What's going on?" I ask, concern in my voice. "Nothing" She says, a sense of sadness in her voice. I look at her, "Are you sure?" I ask again. She nods, she starts working on the car again. I decide not to ask about it again. I look at her while she's working on my car. I knew something was up.

I shrug it off for now, working on the car with her. I give her a gentle punch on the arm. "Ohhh you wanna go there hmm?" She looks at me playfully. I hope I can get her to cheer up. I give her a gentle smile. She punches me hard in the chest. "Hey, play nice!" I say acting like it hurt. We start wrestling, of course being careful with her wound.

Suddenly I realize how close I am to her. I smile at her. I hold her close to me, I give her a gentle kiss. I feel her relax a bit. "You feel better now?" I ask, hopefully cheering her up. "Thanks, Max" She says smiling at me. Her smile is beautiful. I love her. She seemed to bring the good out on me. Whatever good I had left in me that is.