Chapter 26: Healing

I helped Max lift Phoenix out of bed, she said she wanted to get some air, and from then Max wrapped his arm around her waist and helped her out of the room.
I walked over to Ariadne who just laid there staring at the ceiling. I pushed her blonde hair out of her face and gently behind her ear. Her blue eyes met mine and I held my breathe, even with her scars she was so beautiful.

She sat up, it was a little easier for her now, and I handed her her food. She scuffed it down, probably starving, she was recovering from the night fevers so she could eat now. My smile faded as I examined the brand on her neck, her and Phoenix both had Scrotus' insignia, but they put the traitor brand over Ariadne's, burning through the scar tissue.

"Those suck" I chuckled, Ariadne looked at me, nodding her head in agreement. I turned my body so she could see the back of my neck, where Immortan Joes symbol still remained.
I put a cloth in a bowl of water, wrung it out and brought it to the healing burn. Ariadne groaned at first, but the cool water soothed the burning sensation. "You feeling any better?" She nodded.

"Thank you so much Furiosa, I don't know where'd I'd be without you..." I smiled, placing my hand on hers and rubbing it gently with my thumb.

"Don't thank me, you're so strong Ariadne, you held on through your sickness, through your kidnapping, you're amazing" she looked down at my hand on hers and smiled softly at me.

"Thank you for trusting me" she mumbled, laying her head back on the bed. "Ah man, I miss t.v" Ariadne laughed, and so did I.

"And music" I added, sighing, remembering how great the world really was before we destroyed it.

"But you know what's great?" She asked, I cocked my head to the side in curiosity. "We can finally see all the stars" I smiled, looking out the small window seeing how beautiful the stars were, she was right, technology pulled us apart, and as horrible as it was, the wasteland brought us together. "At least now we don't have to worry about the apocalypse coming" she laughed hard, and her laugh had some sort of effect on me, and I couldn't help but laugh too.

"We all thought it was going to be Zombies too" I laughed, realizing how Ariadne watched me when I smiled. "I'm going to go get some food, do you want me to bring you anything else?"  Ariadne thought for a bit, but eventually shook her head. I stood up, looking down at her, I learned down, kissing her forehead lightly. "I'm glad you're safe Ariadne"