Chapter 25: I'll Be Okay

I try to sit up immediately wincing in pain. They beat the shit out of me and stripped me of my reputation. Fuck this brand. If they come back I swear they will all be dead and I'll have Scrotuses head as a trophy.

I turn over to see Max and Phoenix. I can tell he cares about her. Of course he's not gonna show it too well for a while but I can see it in his eyes. I don't know if she can.

I lay there drowning in my thoughts, getting stuck in my own head. It's a terrible thing. I remember the day I got beat almost to death for disagreeing with Scrotus. The scars still remain. I close my eyes tight cringing at the thoughts. I lift my sore and bruised arm to my face to feel the stitched cut. "Thats gonna leave a mark.." I whisper to myself, pain in my throat.

I continue getting lost in my thoughts. I hate getting lost in my thoughts. But I can't talk about it either. I won't be a burden to people. Whispering to myself as quiet as possible.

"Thank you for saving me.." I croak, my voice weathered. "You're welcome" both Phoenix and Max say. "Where's mm Furiosa?" I ask my voice rough. "She took off" Max replys, not wanting Phoenix to speak. I get up in a lot of pain but shrugging it off. "You need to rest Ariadne" Max says concerned. "Mm I'll be fine, don't worry about me" I say quietly.

I walk out searching for Furiosa. "Furiosa? Where are you?" I ask, looking for her. Immediately I see her rushing my way with a concerned look on her face. "Why are you not resting???" She asks me worried. "I was looking for you.." I say grabbing her shoulder to hold myself up. "I wanted you to know that I greatly appreciate you saving me..." I say quietly, my voice rough.

She flashes a smile, "I will always help you when you need me" She confesses helping me back to the vault where Max and Phoenix were. "Thank you I think I got it from here" I say as I stumble. I'm stubborn as hell.  "Don't be so stubborn. Let me help you." She says softly. I nod, allowing her to help me.

As she's helping me to the bed I got a chance to thoroughly study her features. She was beautiful. Kind hearted. I flash a quick smile as I lay myself on the bed not being as careful as I should, hurting my arms and legs getting up there. "Fuck" I mutter to myself only loud enough for me and Furiosa to hear.