Chapter 6

"Do we really have to sleep in a tent?" I ask holding up the (very confusing) tent. "yes! its camping! now stop whining!" Riker exclaims taking the tent from me. "you just do this.....or maybe its this....no wait you go like this" "Are you sure you know how to put it up?" I ask folding my arms. "yeah!" I give Riker a look. "Ok i honestly have no idea how to put this up."

I laugh, "So you have no right to tell me that we have to sleep in a tent! I am so sleeping in the back of the van!" I say grabbing my sleeping bag and heading toward the van. "i am to." Riker says quietly from behind me. I snort and set my sleeping bag up in the van. "There! cozy! Now ets set up dinner, i'm hungry!" I say jumping out of the van and walking toward the pile of stuff that we heaped on the table.

"i'll set up the chairs. You set up the cooking stuff!" I tell Riker pointing towards the portable stove and dishes. "Fine you get to set up the easy stuff!" Riker huffs. "Hey you are the man and you are the one that made me go on this trip." I point out. "Oh yeah." Riker says. I laugh and grab the chairs and set them up by the fire pit. "Do we have any fire wood?" I ask.

Riker goes red, "oops." "Riker!" "Sorry! i thought i forot something but i couldnt remember what it was!" "I cannot believe you!" I laugh as i sit down in a chair. "We  can always buy some from the ranger station." Riker suggests. "You're paying!" "I know i know" Riker laughs.

We finally have everything set up and are sitting at the table eating chili with hot dog chunks. "Camping dinner! Ridiculously good, yet so simple!" I exclaim. Riker laughs, "yeah, once i went camping by myself and i lived off of leftovers the whole time! Three day old chicken tastes pretty good!" "Eww! Riker that's disgusting!" Riker laughs, "well i am a guy."

We eat in silence for awhile until finally Riker says, "I wonder what the others are doing?" I laugh, "their probably engaged in some sort of family food fight." Riker snorts, "I have no doubt." "So what are we doing tomorrow?" I ask. "Tomorrow we are going for a hike, then when we get there we're going for a swim in a gorgeous lake!" Riker says enthusiastically.

"Cool! except for the hiking part and the lake part." I say. Riker laughs, "just bring your bathing suit." "but i didn't pack my bathing suit." "Well i guess you're going skinny dipping then." Riker says giving me a sly smile. "There is no way!" "haha i know just wear you're clothes and jump in, but bring an extra outfit cuz otherwise you're gonna get cold!" "No duh!"

After we eat dinner Riker cleans up while i walk to the rangers station in the campsite and buy firewood. When i get back Riker is sitting in his chair eating a chocolate bar, "hey isn't that for s'mores?" "oops" Riker says putting the chocolate down. "Yeah oops is right!"

Riker laughs, "So you want me to start the fire?" I look at Riker with my hands on my hips, "why cant I start the fire?" "Well you know cuz im the man." Riker says. I snort, "puh-lease! I bet you couldn't even start the fire! Me on the other hand i'm a great fire starter!"

"Fine you start the fire! But when you fail don't come crying to me!" Riker says crossing his arms and leaning back in his chair. I snort and lean over to start the fire pit and stack the wood up. "were's the matches?" I ask. "Next to the portable stove thingy." Riker says waving his hand in the general area.

In the next five minutes i have started the fire and have a huge blaze going. "Voila!" I say spreading my arms out in the tada motion above the fire. "Impressive." Riker says and I nod. "for a girl." he adds. "tomorrow you're starting the fire then!" I say crossing my arms and siting down in my chair. "fine then i'll show you how a real fire is started."

I glare at Riker and he glares right back at me. We do this for about 5 minutes until i catch a glint of a smile on Rikers face and i burst out laughing. "So who wants s'mores?" Riker asks holding up the half eaten chocolate bar. "sure but you gotta get the marshmellows and the graham crackers." I say. "Ok" Riker says standing up and walking towards the bearbox.