Chapter 36

"Ok! I can't work with him in here acting all dumb!" Rydel snaps in the middle of R5 practice. "Rydel! You can't just stop in the middle of a song!" Riker says staring up at the ceiling in exasperation. "but he was off!" Rydel cries pointing at Ratliff. "how would you know you don't even play drums!" Ratliff snaps. "I could probably play better then you!" Rydel retorts.

Ratliff raises and eyebrow at her and holds out his drumsticks, "ok go ahead, lets see how badly you fail!" "OK GUYS SHUT UP!" Ross yells. Rydel and Ratliff look at Ross and he says, "you guys are acting like 10 year old! We need to finish practice, now try to get along!" Ratliff returns to his drums and Rydel mutters, "please, Ratliff can't act like a 10 year old if he tried! He's to immature." then she returns to her keyboard. "ok lets take it from the top!" Riker says trying to sound cheery, but he just sounds annoyed.

The music starts and Ross starts singing, but he gets interrupted by Ratliff saying, "you came in late." to Rydel. "how would you know? It's not like you can actually play an instrument!" "hello? drums?" Ratliff says. "please, all you're doing is banging wood against paper, it's not that hard!" "Rydel leave, Ratliff go somewhere else!" Riker says before Ratliff can reply.

Rydel shoots a glare at Ratliff and stomps out of the room. Before leaving Ratliff rubs his face with his hands, and even though he's trying to be discreet i see him wipe a tear away. I walk over to Riker and massage his back, "calm down Riker, you're really stressed and that's not helping any of this." Riker relaxes slightly but he's still tensed up. Ross sits down and sighs, "this isn't working, at all." Rocky sits down next to him, "no duh! and we can't make them get along either!"

Ross stands back up and starts pacing back and forth, and back and forth, and back and forth.... geez now i'm dizzy. "Ross sit down you're making me dizzy!" I snap. Ross sits back down but he starts tapping his feet. "Ross can you please be quiet?" I ask. Ross sighs but he stops tapping. Riker walks over to the wall and rests his head against it, "i have absolutely no idea how this is going to work out." he mutters.

"Maybe like put a sheet up between them or something?" I suggest. "that might work but what about concerts? and interviews? and photo shoots? that will be disastrous." I sigh and go back to thinking. Finally Rocky says what all of us have been thinking but no one wants to say out loud, "The bands over guys, lets face the facts." Ross sighs and stands up, he walks over to the wall and punches it.

"Ross what are you doing?" Rocky asks wearily. "what you want me to punch you instead?" Ross snaps. "Ok you guys, snapping at each other isn't going to help, so try and be nice." Riker says walking back over to us. Ross punches the wall again, and again, and again. Finally Riker says, "Ross stop you're going to break your hand." Ross turns back to us and shows us his bloody fist, "I think its to late." "what?!" we all cry running over to him.

Ross' hand is covered in blood from the impact of the wall, i look over and see a very dented wall that's covered in red fist marks. Riker takes Ross' hand and bends a his pointer finger, Ross winces and lets out a low moan. Riker tries his other three fingers each one Ross winces at, his thumbs the only one that seams to have escaped damage.

"I think we should go to the hospital just to check this out" Riker says then tosses a towel at Ross. Ross wraps his hand up in it and we go up to the kitchen were Stormie is cooking, "hey how's it goi- Ross what happened?" Stormie asks walking briskly over to us. "we think he broke like 4 fingers." I explain and Stormie looks at us questioningly. "he was punching the wall, don't ask why cuz i'm not sure myself." Rocky says.

Stormie sighs and motions to the door, "go to the hospital, i'll tell Hannah, Katie, Ryland, Tiffany, Rydel, and Ratliff were you guys went." We all get in the car and drive off. We get to the hospital and walk inside.