Chapter 40

I wake up with drenched in sweat with terrible images running through my head. Me lying on a hospital bed and the doctors telling me i lost the baby, I'm lying in a ball on the ground covered in blood, my blood. Its been two days since Tiffany lost the baby and Rydels asked for help, and i've been totally freaked out about being preggers now. I mean what if the same thing happens to  me, what if something worse happens to me. Tiffany and Rocky have disappeared into their house with Trevor and Grace when Tiffany came home rom the hospital, no one's seen them since.

The others are trying to occupy their time by helping Rydel, which trust me isn't easy. Rydels had a breakdown pretty much everyday so far, yet somehow Stormie and Mark don't know about it. Ratliff is helping but hasn't come in contact with  Rydel since he got beat up, he's still got a black eye as well.

My thoughts are interrupted by Riker rolling over in bed and bumping into me, i look down at him and see he's staring up at me, "what's wrong?" he asks softly. I shake my head and lay back down, "nothing." Riker pulls the covers up to my chin and smiles, "you know i can tell you are lying right? Tell me." "it's nothing" i say a little to hastily and Riker raises and eyebrow, "Nova Lynch tell me what's wrong this instant!" he demands. Nova Lynch, i like the sound of that, even thought the wedding was awhile ago it still amazes me.

"i'm just scared." I finally say. "about what?" Riker presses, "having a child." "why?" "Tiffany" Riker sits up and looks down at me, "you're scared of having a child when Tiffany who's already had two, lost one?" Riker asks cocking his head to the side. I nod and sit up so i'm even with him (or at least as even as I can be when Rikers taller then me) "yeah i am, i'm scared, really scared. I mean i didn't want to have a kid in the first place and now this has happened to my best friend, well one of them anyway."

Riker sighs and takes my face in his hand, "you have nothing to be scared of, that wasn't a natural miscarriage anyway." Riker says with a slight wince, cuz his sister is the one who caused it. My hand goes up and wraps around Rikers, which is wrapped around my face, "ok" "you're still scared aren't you?" he asks after he kisses my forehead.

I lay back down and nod, Riker leans over me and looks me directly in the eye, "Nova, even if anything does happen i'll be right there and we can get through it, but trust me nothing is going to happen" Rikers hand go down to my stomach and he caresses the slight baby bump i have. He pulls my shirt up slightly and kisses my stomach. I laugh slightly at the feel of his lips against my stomach and Riker looks up at me, "come on lets go to sleep ok?"

I nod and Riker wraps his arms around me, i snuggle into him and fall into a dreamless sleep.

***

"AHHHHH!" Rydel screams from in her room. I look over at Ryland who shrugs, "she says there are demons crawling around under her skin." I grimace at the sound of that and Rydels screams. "she sounds like she's really in pain." Ryland nods, "yeah i'm pretty sure she is. We've had to tie her hands down so she doesn't try to scratch her skin because of the "demons". It's with-drawl symptoms." I wince, "can i go in there?" Ryland shakes his head, "it's best if she's left alone because whenever Katie or Hannah go in there when she's like that well look at them" he says gesturing to Hannah and Katie who are standing at the side.

Hannah has claw marks across her cheek and Katie's picking glass out of her arm with tweezers. "what happened?"  I ask noticing it for the first time. "Rydel wasn't tied down at the time and she got me across the face with her nails, and Katie in the arm with some glass thing on her dresser." Hannah explains. Katie pulls out a large piece of glass and whimpers in pain, Ryland walks over to her and kisses her cheek, "it's ok, it's ok." he sooths.

I turn back and look at Rydels door, the screaming finally stopped and has been replaced with heart wrenching sobs. I look over at Ross who is also standing there, "is there anything we can do?" I ask. "besides give her more drugs, no." he says and continues rubbing his hand up and down his cast nervously(a habit he's picked up). I shake my head and walk down the stairs to see Riker and Ratliff having a very serious conversation in the kitchen, but as soon as i walk in they stop talking.