Chapter 27

It's been 2 days, we've now officially been stranded for 4 days, hehe for four. Anyway, Riker and I have survived, we've actually been pretty good, but our stuff keeps disappearing. Coconuts we collected have disappeared and Rikers knife went missing then we found it stuck in a palm tree. We have no idea whats going on but we've definitely been on guard.

"Riker can you keep guard while i go coconut hunting?" I ask. Riker nods and sits down next to our coconuts and lean to. We have to keep watch now because something keeps taking our stuff. I turn and walk into the jungle but i don't stop at the palm trees i keep walking. Finally i get to a cave down by the beach, it's only visible during low tide otherwise the water fills it up making it disappear.

I climb down the rocks and walk into the cave, i found it a day ago and was astonished at what i had found inside. There were paintings, on the rocks, from the cave man days probably. It's really amazing that the paintings have survived all those years of water crashing against them.

I like to think of it as my spot on the island, and i can sit for hours just staring at the paintings, i can't though because the tide comes in. I sit there for maybe an hour then decide its time to leave because the water has started lapping at my feet. I clamber back up the rocks, knock some coconuts out of the trees so it looks like i went looking for food then head back to camp.

I'm right outside our camp, it's not in view but it's right there, when i hear it. It's a high pitched scream followed by some scuffling sounds and hurried talking. I drop the coconuts and charge through the underbrush because i know that, that scream WASN'T Riker.

When i run into camp i see him talking to a girl, maybe 13 years old, she's backed against a tree and Rikers hand is clamped tightly on his knife which is in his belt loop. She's looking extremely scared and Rikers looking a little shaky himself.

"Riker! What's going on?" I call running over to them. Riker gestures for me towards him not taking his eyes off the girl he says, "I was drifting off when i heard rustling I open my eyes to find her trying to steal our coconuts." "really?" Riker nods. "then that's were all our stuff has been disappearing to!" Riker nods again and i say, "hi, um were did you come from and whats your name and uhh how old are you?"

The girl her eyes wide still pressed against the tree starts talking, "i- i'm Celena, i'm 14 years old, and i came from t- the crashed plane." My eyebrows shoot up and so does Rikers. "have you been alone?" i ask again. She nods and says, "i thought i was the only one then i discovered your camp." "why didn't you just show yourself?" I ask. She shrugs, "i was scared."

I look at Riker and say, "take your hand off your knife Riker it's ok." Rikers hand relaxes and he lets go of the hilt of the knife. "were have you been living?" i ask. Celena gestures to the beach, "on the rocks over there. Also i found this, it's a radio i think but i don't know how to use it." she holds out one of those machines that are like walkie talkies but any one can pick up the signal.

Riker quickly grabs it and checks the back of it, "the batteries are good, this thing might actually work!" "how do you know how to use it?" I ask astonished at all the buttons and dials. "well Ross likes to fly so we all had to learn about this kind of stuff." I look at Riker, "really?" "well actually Ross just wouldn't stop talking about it during dinner." I laugh, "that sounds more accurate."

Now Cerena is just standing there but suddenly she's looking at Riker, and i mean like she's inspecting him. "umm what are you doing?" he asks as she looks him up and down. "you're Riker Lynch right?" he nods, "yeah, i am." Celena smiles slightly, "wow i've always wanted to meet you but i never thought it would be like this! You're Nova right?" I nod, "yeah i am."

"I almost didn't recognize Riker because his hair is more brown then blond but after i heard his name i wasn't quite sure then i heard Ross." I smile because it's true, since the only washing we've done is in salt water the dye has started coming out of Rikers hair faster then it normal and its now pretty brown.