Chapter 37

"You guys! These are drugs Uhh it says, Methamphetamine" I say holding the bottle out to the others. Tiffany grabs the bottle and looks at it, "this isn't good, at all! I had friends awhile ago that got into these, they died in rehab." Hannah and Katie drops the mattress and walk over to us.

Hannah grabs the bottle, "so this is why she's all snarly and mean one minute then giggly and nice the next?" Katie nods, "must be, and soon she's going to start deteriorating and if it keeps up eventually die." "every ones going to die eventually." Hannah tries to joke. "well die earlier then normal." Katie says and Hannah hangs her head, "sorry not funny." "yeah not funny" Tiffany says.

"Should we tell the others?" Hannah asks. "No" i say immediately. "why not?" Katie asks, "because it'll only get Rydel in trouble and not help anything, first we should find out why Rydels into this and if we can get her to stop." Tiffany nods, "yeah i can understand that but still this is kind of extreme, meth is worse then Marijuana."

"how do you know?" Hannah asks. "some teacher brought her husband in and he's like some drug expert or something." Tiffany explains. "oh well that's NOT good." Hannah says. "no duh!" Katie snaps. "so what do we do?" i ask. "how about we wait until Rydel comes home and confront her, if that doesn't work then we can always have Nova go back to he old ways and act like she's into the whole drug thing to find stuff out."

"WHAT!?" I yell, "there is no way i'm going back to my 'old ways'!" "hey this is only if Rydel doesn't tell us anything and its not permanent calm down." Tiffany replies calmly. "ok ok fine us me as the decoy!" I huff, "but if it doesn't work you're buying me the cigarettes!"

"Hey you guys what are you doing up here?" Ryland yells from downstairs. Katie and Hannah jump and Tiffany turns white, "nothing just talking!" I yell back then i turn to the others, "don't say ANYTHING!" I whisper. "why are you whispering?" Hannah whispers. "because it sounds cooler." i reply.

"ok ok we won't tell anyone anything but Nova," Tiffany starts, "what?" I ask. "you honestly arn't the best liar." I laugh, "no i'm a great liar it's just i want you guys to find out what i'm lying about, trust me i'm good." "how?" "do you remember my past, did my mom EVER find out?" "oh, good point." Tiffany says and with that we all walk down the stairs.

"so did you guys find out what's wrong with Rydel?" Riker asks as we walk into the living room. I plop down next to him and rub my stomach,"nope, nothing." Riker places his hand on my stomach and i lace my fingers with his, "really nothing? at all?" Tiffany looks at me her eyebrows raised from the other side of the couch, i grin at her and reply, "nothing, at all. She was all happy and giggly though." Riker nods, "weird." "yeah"

***

"Bye Eric! I had fun tonight see you tomorrow!" Rydel calls and runs into the house. We (the girls) look at each other and stand up. "hey were are you going?" Rocky asks. "we're going to see Rydel ask her how it went." Katie says. Ratliff glares at us then looks at the ground, Ross shoots us a look and pats Ratliff on the back.

We walk up the stairs and into Rydels room. she jumps and shoves the pills back under her mattress, "does anyone know how to knock anymore!" she snaps. "sorry Rydel we were just going to ask how your date went." Tiffany says calmly. "but still you could have knocked! I mean seriously i could have been changing!" she says coldly. "sorry we didn't mean to invade your privacy or anything we just wanted to know how it went." Tiffany replies. "oh well whatever it was really nice, we at dinner then went to his house and talked and....stuff." I don't like the sound of the way she said stuff but i ignore it.

"Rydel can we ask you something?" I ask looking at the others Tiffany nods. "what?" Rydel asks. "we were wondering were you got the uh pills under your mattress?" Rydels face contorts with rage, "why were you snooping through my stuff!?" she cries standing up and walking towards us. "we were just wondering why you weren't acting like yourself." Tiffany says stepping towards her.

Rydel walks up to her and hisses in a very scary voice, "Don't touch my stuff anymore because you will be sorry!" then she does something that i would never thought Rydel would do. She shoves Tiffany, Tiffany fall backwards and lands halfway on her stomach. She moans and her hands go to her stomach. "RYDEL!" I scream. Rydel glares at me and walks back to her bed like nothing happened.

We help Tiffany up and get her out of Rydels room, "how are you feeling?" I ask her. Tiffany rubs her stomach and sighs, "i'm fine, we need to help Rydel though." I nod and stand up straight, "just get me a pack of cigarettes."

***

"Rydel? hey i knocked this time." I say knocking on her door then opening it slightly. She looks up at me sharply, "what?" "I was wondering if you wanted to go on a walk with me, please." Rydel looks annoyed then nods, "fine whatever." She stands up and we walk out of the house.

I finger the lighter and pack of cigarettes i have in my hoodie pocket, "so Rydel i know what those pills are." I say casually. Rydel glares at me, "mind your own business!" "no no it's nothing bad like that I just want to know were you got them, my supplies running low." I say then pull out a cigarette. Rydel looks at me astonished, "you smoke? I thought you said you were over that stuff."  I laugh, "please i only said that so Riker would calm down." Rydel laughs and i light the cigarette, "want one?" I offer. "please." she says taking one.

Inside i'm appalled, Rydel smoking? It's just to bad to imagine, "so were'd you get the pills?" I ask again. Rydel inhales and blows smoke out through her nose, "Eric set me up with some guy, they're pretty cheap actually want me to get you some?" I shake my head, "na i'll get my own. I don't want you stealing some of mine before you give them to me." Rydel laughs and i flick part of my cigarette onto the ground.

"so how long have you been taking them?" I ask. Rydel thinks for a moment, "like a week, why?" "just wondering." Rydel laughs again and inhales deeply, "is that the only store you have?" I ask. She nods and makes a face, "yeah and i'm almost out to it sucks." I laugh, "I know how that feels."

Suddenly i hear someone walking behind us but when Rydel talks the footsteps stop, "Rydel?" a voice asks behind us. I turn around and see Riker standing there, "Nova?!" Riker gasps.

~~~~HEY SO I TRIED TO UPDATE AGAIN TODAY SORRY IF ITS A BIT SHORTER THEN USUAL. WHAT DID YOU THINK?? ANY GOOD? I KNOW ITS KIND OF DRAMATIC BUT I THOUGHT IT NEEDED SOMETHING, BESIDES RYDELS SO INNOCENT WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT? WELL OK BYE!~~~~