Chapter 68

"Ryder don't touch that!" I cry making a dash for the living room were Ryders just picked up some glass thing, i'm not even sure what it is just that it's breakable! I make it there and snatch the thing from Ryders hand just in time. I set it back down and pick Ryder up, I bounce my boy on my waist and Ryder laughs, "Mommy!" he squeals. I laugh and give him a hug, "Gosh you're so big, what happened? It seems like just yesterday you were this little newborn!" Ryder giggles again, "I'm a big boy now!" I laugh and nuzzle his nose, "yes, you are." I set Ryder back down and he runs off his hands waving around in the air.

I laugh as Riker walks into the room with Porter in his arms, "when have our children become so big?" he asks setting Porter down so he can go chase after his older brother. I laugh, "I was just thinking the same thing! Ryder has gotten so big!" Riker laughs, "and his hair is turning brown, have you noticed how strong he is as well?" "Omigod yes! He's so strong it's crazy!" I exclaim. "I feel kind of bad for Porter he has to try and keep up with him." Riker says as he puts an arm around me. I lean into him and laugh, "yeah me to, Riker you realize you would be categorized as an old man now?" Riker stops and stares at me, "what?" he asks incredulously. I nod, "Yeah you're 30, you're pretty old."

Riker frowns before flexing his arms, "I think my muscles disagree with you." I snort and start to walk through the house again looking for our children. "Come on! My muscles are still pretty hot." I laugh out loud at this comment as Riker runs a bit to catch up with me. "Riker no matter how 'hot' your muscles are you're still old." Riker shakes his head, "whatever." I laugh and run up the stairs and into Ryders room, him and Porter are sitting on the ground playing with some action figures. "Hey guys, how's it going?" I ask sitting down on the ground. Porter grins at me and Ryder says, "We're playing firefighter! Porters in the house and I rescue him, see?" he shows me his little toy person and sure enough its a fire fighter.

I laugh and ruffle his hair, "Mommy!" he exclaims trying to make his hair lie flat again. That's the thing about Ryders hair, its so light and fluffy that if you even brush against it wrong it sticks out in every direction. I laugh and ruffle Porters hair as well so it will 'be even'. Porter laughs and tries to fix his hair as well, even though his hair will lay flat no matter what. I hear Riker laugh behind me and I turn and grin at him. "You boys keep playing k?" "k!" they squeal and I walk over to Riker. "You found that funny old man?" I ask with a smirk. Riker glares at me and I laugh, "You will pay for that!" He exclaim. I dodge his grasp and do a funny little dance in front of him, "What? Are you gonna make me preggers again?" I ask.

Riker shrugs and gives a lopsided grin, "maybe." I feel my self go pink and once again dodge Riker, "are your reflexes getting old? Old man?" I ask before running down the stairs. Riker chases after me and I have to jump up and over the dining room table so he won't grab me, "You realize we eat on that right?" Riker asks raising an eyebrow. I laugh and make a big show of sitting on the table, Riker takes that moment to grab my waist and pull me off the table backwards. I squeal and Riker groans, "geez what have you been eating? You weigh a ton!" "Oh thanks, besides are you sure its me? Your muscles might not be as good as they were before old man."

"Nope it's you." Riker says as he starts walking towards the living room. "Well that hurt." I mutter feigning hurt. Riker drops me on the couch and pretty much crawls on top of me, he's still supporting himself though as not to crush me, but yeah he's on top of me. He puts his face right in front of mine and whispers, "You know I didn't mean it like that." "really? You didn't?" I ask in a false voice. Riker kisses both my cheeks and my forehead, "No, I didn't." I grin, "good." I lean up to kiss him, right as my phone rings. I jump because it's in my pocket and and I still haven't turned the dang ring volume down.

My head hits Rikers and we both groan, "Owww." Riker moans rolling over and falling onto the couch. I rub my head and grab my phone, "Yallo?" "HI Nova, its your mom." I look over at Riker who's watching me and mouth 'it's my mom' he frowns and I return to the phone, "Oh hey mom, I haven't herd from you in what? 4 years?" I hear my mom laugh, "Yes, i'm sorry for that but I've been very busy." "yeah with my kidnapper." I grumble. John, I can tolerate him, haha no. "Nova! I don't like that tone!" "yeah yeah sorry. So what's up?" There's silence on the other end for a long time until finally my mom clears her throat, "yes well erm, I've been thinking, that Riker boy, I really don't like him. He seems to care free and not caring enough for the future. I really think you should break things off with him."

I freeze and my eyes wander over to Riker who's still watching me, he frowns when he notices the look on my face and I reply into the phone coldly, "Break things off? Mom, Riker and I have been married for 4 years and have 2 kids we can't just 'break things off' besides I don't exactly want to." "yes well, that Riker boy him and his siblings don't seem to be a very good influence on you. Whenever you visited you were always cold." "Yeah because you married my KIDNAPPER and had a friken KID with him, hmm wonder why I was cold?" I snarl into the phone. "See right there, you just got angry. I haven't done anything wrong and you get all snarly at me." "what?! Mom!" "Nova i'm just trying to help you find the best." "Yeah well you know what, I don't want your help because trust me it's not really help. Tell me where did you even think of this whole helping me thing?"

"Nova, honestly you're always so snappy and harsh. Why can't you be more like Tucker, he's a perfect angle. Absolute gentlemen, he's the kind of man you should be with." "TUCKER! You realize he raped Tiffany right? How is that a perfect angle?" "yes well that was a long time ago, he's different now. Being sent off changed him, by the way how is Tiffany." when she asks that my hand starts shaking and the phone drops from my hand. Did she really ask how Tiffany was? How does she NOT know? Granted she didn't show up for the funeral or anything but i'm almost positive that someone called her, or is she really that self centered that she forgot her own daughters best friends death.

I try to compose myself but I can't my hands are shaking out of control and my breathing has quicken so I'm pretty much panting. Riker looks at me panicked, "Nova, breath, you need to slow your breath down. In, hold it, out, hold it, in, hold it, out, hold it." slowly my breath returns to normal and Riker nods, "good, now pick up the phone and tell your mom good bye." I pick the phone back up and hold it to my ear, "Mom," I choke out, "Tiffanys dead." "what? Really? Well that's terrible, oh by the way Tuckers on his way to Rockys house to pick up Trevor seeing as Rocky isn't the real dad." I hang up, don't say anything just hang up.

I look over at Riker, "Get the kids and get in the car." I say quickly.

~~~~HEY SO I KNOW IT'S SUPER SHORT BUT I HAD TO UPDATE AND I WAS TOLD TO GET OFF SO I ENDED IT HERE JUST SO YOU PEOPLE COULD GET TO READ SOMETHING AT LEAST. HAHA OK SO WHAT DO YOU THINK? ABOUT NOVAS MOM? TUCKERS RETURN? ANYTHING ELSE? I DON'T LIKE WAKING UP EARLY, LET ME JUST SAY THAT IT SUCKS! I'VE TALEN NAPS EVERYDAY SINCE SCHOOLS STARTED SO FAR AND USUALLY I NEVER TAKE NAPS!! WELL OK BYE!~~~~