Chapter 23

"So were  you say we were going again?" I ask looking at Riker. Riker smirks, "i never told you were we're going, nice try though." "dang it!" I exclaim and look out the window at the highway. "were are we going?" "not telling" "were are we going?" "not telling" "were are we going?" "not telling" "TELLLL MEEEEE!" "no" Riker refuses.

I cross my arms and scowl, "you suck." Riker grins, "its fun." "not for me!" "yes but for me its hilarious." I shake my head, "can you at least tell me if its over seas?" I ask. Riker shrugs, "it is." "were over seas?" I prompt and Riker laughs, "that would be telling you." "dang it!"

Riker turns off the exit and heads towards the airport. We get there and Riker makes me stand away from were he gets the tickets so i wouldn't see. "you realize they announce the flights and i'm gonna hear which one were gonna get on right?" I ask as Riker walks towards me. "i've got that covered." "WHAT!" "shhh!" I shake my head and grab my suitcase, "this sucks and is totally unfair! We are married i should know were we are going!" Riker laughs, "I love the sound of that, we're married."

"don't change the subject!" "hey look its time to get on the plane!" Riker says grabbing my hand. I sigh and let him drag me over to the gate. There's already a line outside it and i tap a ladies shoulder, "excuse me were is this plane going?" I ask. The lady smiles at me, "its headed to Ta-" "sorry to interrupt but that's a surprise here for Nova please don't tell her." Riker cuts in. "oh sorry." The lady says to Riker.

Riker pulls me away, "I officially hate you!" "no you don't" "yeah you're right i don't hate you, i'm just strongly annoyed." Rike laughs and kisses my forehead. "hey whats a place in the world that starts with a T and A?" i ask. Riker grins, "not telling." "you suck!" "come on we're boarding."

We get on the plain and i'm squashed between some fat guy and Riker. "Riker hey trade me seats."  hiss at him as we start to go down the run way. Riker looks at who i'm sitting next to, "sorry but we're not supposed to leave our seats." I glare at him and sit back in my seat.

Once in the air the fat guy immediately falls asleep and just my luck but his pudgy little face keeps resting on my shoulder no matter how many times i push him off. "Riker tell me were we are going or switch seats with me." I growl at him. Riker smiles, "sorry no can do."

Then one of the stewards comes onto the intercom, "SORRY BUT THE FLIGHT TO TAHITI MIGHT BE DELAYED BECAUSE OF ENGINE PROBLEMS." when her voice clicks off i turn to Riker, "were going to Tahiti?" Riker nods, "it was supposed to be a surprise until we got there but yeah." "OMIGOD! THAT'S SO AWESOME!" I squeal, then what the lady says registers into my brain, "wait engine troubles? Arn't we in mid flight?" I ask Riker.

His eyebrows go way up and from the muttering going on I can tell other passengers are nervous to, "it'll be fine." Riker says giving a nervous laugh. "yeah just fine." I mutter then put my head phones on and turn my music up.

*** 5 HOURS LATER***

"hey Riker any idea were we are?" I ask looking over Riker out the window. All i can see if the blue of water and the occasional island. Riker shrugs and calls a stewardess over, "were are we?" he asks. The lady gives him a smile and starts batting her eyelashes, she leans way forward giving Riker a good view of her cleavage. Riker blinks and stares at me instead of her. "we are over the French Polynesia maybe 3 hours away from Tahiti." She says. "thank you." Riker replies turning away from her.

"is there anything else you want?" She asks leaning WAY over me towards Riker. Riker looks slightly annoyed and says, "i don't know let my ask my wife, Nova do you want anything?" "no." I say looking at the lady. The lady looks startled then walks away i look over at the very annoyed Riker, "could she not see the ring?" he asks holding up his left hand. "apparently not." I giggle.