Chapter 50

I glance around, no ones noticed me or the paper they're two preoccupied with the door and the glass and the rain blowing into the hole. I glance back down at the paper, then slip it into my pocket. The others don't need to know about that. I look at the giant hole were the door used to be and suddenly feel so exposed and vulnerable.

Anybody could come into the room and we would have no way to keep them out, and i'm right there right by the gaping hole. I edge my way through the glass and over to Riker who's sitting on the couch still looking stunned. I sit down next to him and bury my face in his chest, "Riker, i'm so scared. I don't know why this is happening or when it will end and i'm more scared then I've even been before." I mumble into his chest.

Riker wraps his arms around me giving me a sense of security, "it'll be ok. We'll sort this all out it just takes a little time." I sigh and pull away from him, "you're right. I need to stop being a baby and suck it up. This will end eventually and I need to be brave until it does." Riker smiles at me, "that's my girl." "shut up i'm not yours I'm my own." Riker just shakes his head, "ok"

After that we spend the rest of the after noon helping Mark and Stormie clean up the glass and put a layer of plastic over the hole so no rain or anything gets in before they can buy a new door. After we finish I walk up to Stormie, "I just want to say sorry about all that, you guys need to buy a new door and its basically my fault." Stormie hugs me, "its ok, its not your fault you're being stalked by a crazy. Are you sure you don't want to call the police. I mean making threats is one thing but vandalism is pretty serious." I nod, "i'm sure it'll only make it worse I know that for a fact." Stormie shrugs then says bye because her and Mark are going door hunting for awhile.

I glance at the plastic covered hole in the wall and shiver before walking into the kitchen so I don't have to look at it. The others follow me and we sit around the table in silence, a gloom resting over us. Finally Rydel says, "i'm scared guys, like really scared. We need to do something." "but what?" Katie asks. "first I don't think any of us should leave the house, you know for safety reasons." Ryland suggests and we all nod. Suddenly Riker sits bolt upright, "mom and dad." he mutters. We exchange panicked looks before Rocky pulls out his phone and dials Stormies number.

We watch him tensely as it rings after what seems like ages but is really only a few second he says, "hello?" silence. "mom! Oh thank god!" more silence. "no every things fine its just you know the girl, yeah that's girl well we think she might try something outside the house, so um please just be really careful" more silence, "ok I love you bye." Rocky says before hanging up. He puts his phone away and looks at us, "well as you can tell they're fine. They said that they're going to be on guard and our going to be home in 5 minutes." everyone breaths sighs of relief then go back to staring at each other in silence.

Finally the front door opens and Stormie and Mark walk in dripping wet but perfectly fine. "we bought a door but its going to be delivered tomorrow because they didn't have the right size in stock." Mark says. Suddenly the Lynchs jump up and group hug there mom and dad. Ratliff, Katie, and I just stare at them awkwardly. "I was so scared at first." Rydel says. Stormie hugs her, "well we're fine as you can see nothing to be worried about."

They join us at the table and I start to trace the words painted on the wall over and over again with my eyes. "Ok this is enough bed time." Stormie finally says. The others look relieved and Rydel says, "Ratliff and I are going to stay here ok?" Stormie nods and Mark says, "everyone is on house arrest from now on. No one leaves unless everyone knows were they're going and they go with at least two other people. Always have a phone on you and I don't know maybe always bring one of the boys whenever you go out. You know some muscle." We agree and head upstairs. Rydel, Ratliff, Riker, and I crowd into Rikers old room while Rocky and Tiffany (and Trevor and Grace) take the bed in Ross and Hannahs room. Ryland and Katie take their usual bed.

I snuggle into Riker and feel his strong arms hold me tight. Riker looks down at me and kisses me slightly, "it seems like forever since I've done that." "done what?" I ask "kiss you." he murmurs before connecting his lips with mine once again. I relax, completely relax at the feel of Riker kissing me, the taste of his lips. His scent which overrides anything else at the moment. Riker pulls away and pulls me even loser to him (which is hard with my stomach). After awhile I hear Rikers breath even and know he's fallen asleep.

 No matter how hard I try I can't sleep, finally I sit up and look out the window hoping that will sooth me. I stare out past the rain pounding the windows and just make out a figure standing under a streetlight right in front of the house. I stare at it for a second before I realize its also staring, at the house. I squint at it and can tell its a girls figure, I stare at her and after awhile it seems she's staring back at me.

Impossible she's can't even see me. Through the rains and the dark she can't see me, but its seems like she can. She's seems to be staring straight at me, through me even. I stare back transfixed with terror. Suddenly there's a flash of lightning lighting up the whole street and I see her face. Its her alright, Elinore and her face. It's lit up, she's got a mad grin across her face her eyes wide and insane. I let out a whimper as she takes a step back, with one last glance she turns and walks away into the rain and darkness. As soon as she leaves my sight the spell I was under seems to be broken, as quickly as I can I drop down back under the covers and Rikers arms.

With one last glance at the window I shut my eyes and await the sleepless night ahead.

~~~~HI OK SO I KNOW THIS IS SUPER SHORT BUT I GOT AN IDEA AND JUST HAD TO PUT IT, IT WOULDN'T HAVE HAD THE RIGHT AFFECT EITHER IF I HAD CONTINUED AFTER I ENDED. OK SO I JUST NEED TO ASK IS THIS PART LIKE FREAKING ANYONE OUT BECAUSE I GOT SCARED WRITING IT. LIKE ITS DARK AND SOMEONE WALKED PAST ME AND I SAW THE SHADOW AND IT SCARED THE HECK OUTTA ME!! AND YAY!! 50TH CHAPTER THAT'S HALF WAY TO 100, NOT THAT I'M GOING TO GO THAT HIGH BUT STILL. OK TELL WE WHAT YOU THINK GNIGHT PEOPLE!~~~~