Chapter 79

*2 WEEKS LATER*

Rydel's P.O.V.

"Rydel, how drunk are you?" Ross asks looking at me as I slump on my couch half conscious.

I moan and turn away from Ross, "Leave me alone. Why are you here anyway?"

Ross takes my arm and rolls me back so I'm facing him, "Rydel you can't drink you're pregnant. It could kill the baby."

"You think i don't know that? You really think i don't know that? Why do you think i keep all this up! Well besides the fact that it feels good. I don't want anything to remind me of Ratliff, ANYTHING. Just the thought of him makes me want to disappear, i don't want to take care of some kid that he DOESN'T EVEN WANT!" I scream.

Ross stares at me eyes wide before he stands up and turns away from me, "Rydel, what happened to you? You used to be so happy and nice and carefree. Now you're some monster, you want your child to die thats just sick Rydel, sick! Do you hear me, that's a sick thing to do! You want to kill someone when it isn't even their fault that its here. Rydel i thought you could be helped, but i'm sorry. I can't help you."

I hear Ross turn away and the front door open and close. I ruined everything, i didn't mean to. What i told him wasn't even true its just what came out of my mouth. I can't help the way alcohol calls me but i don't want my child to die, i don't want that. It doesn't deserve that. Its just drinking helps me, it softens the sharpness and intensity of the real world and lets me drown the pain. 

I don't want my child to die though. It's my baby, mine. 

I don't deserve to be a mom, i'm a monster just like Ross said. A terrible, ugly monster. No, no, i can feel all the pain bearing down on my again. The babys only three weeks old, it's okay for now, i just need another night out. Maybe find a guy that can actually service my needs. 

Katie's P.O.V. 

"You realize i'm marrying you in a month and a week?" Ryland asks walking into the bedroom. 

I jump and look up from my book startled, "What? Oh ya! I'm so excited! Omigod! I need to go dress shopping! I need to get the girls and we need to go, how did i forget that!" I drop the book and jump up, "I need to go! I'll be back soon!" I cry giving the startled Ryland a quick kiss before running down the stairs and out to my car. 

*** 

"Nova, we need to go dress shopping! I just remembered and the weddings like a month away!" I cry bursting into their house. Nova looks up from kissing Riker (oops) and goes red. 

"We need to go where?" she asks as Riker pulls his shirt back on and fixes his hair, face bright red. (double oops, i should have knocked) 

"We need to go wedding dress shopping! Come on lets go, i need to get Hannah, Liberty, and Rydel!" 

Nova looks at Riker and makes an apologetic face before getting up, "Lets go." she says her voice the opposite of cheery. 

As we leave I look over at her. She quickly looks away but not before i see her stick her tongue out at me, "Really? You're a 20 something year old women and you just stuck your tongue out at me?" I ask rasing an eyebrow. 

Nova shrugs, "I've been spending to much time with my kids." 

I laugh and we head for Hannahs house. 

***

"Get in the car!" 

"But i want time with my snuggly boo!" 

"You're what?"

"Wait did you just call me snuggly boo?"  

"Yes i just did get over it!"