Chapter 75

~Kelly's P.O.V~ 

"Ratliff i'm so glad you chose me even if it hurt so much." I say as we drive back to my house. 

Ratliff sighs and focuses on the road, "Yeah, i mean i cheated on Rydel, i don't deserve her besides i still like you a lot." 

I notice that absent use of the word 'love' but i push it aside, i mean he's about to get a divorce he needs a break! "I'm sorry Ratliff, about what you have to go through." 

Ratliff sighs and pulls into my driveway, "It's fine, it was the best choice." We climb out and walk inside the house as soon as i close the door Ratliff grabs me and pushes me against the wall kissing me wildly. 

I kiss him back my senses over ridden with the feel, taste, and touch of him. I reach up and take his hands and notice they're trembling. It's slight but i feel it, his whole body is shaking; from what i don't know but i hope it isn't bad. 

The kiss ends and Ratliff rests his head against the wall behind me, i'm still in between the wall and him  and its kinda uncomfortable here. Suddenly Ratliff jerks his head back and stares at me intensely. I'm about to ask what he's doing when he spins around and walks unevenly down the hall. 

I walk after him and watch as he collapses onto my bed, "Ratliff?...." I ask drifting off. 

He sits up and looks at me, "I'm sorry just, just give me some time alone please?" I nod and back out of the room. 

~Rydel's P.O.V~ 

Why am i so sad? Ratliff left me. Why did he leave me? Kelly came back. Why'd Kelly come back? I stop my mental game of 20 questions because i don't know the answer. Stupid Kelly, she has to come back and ruin my stupid life. 

"Rydel? Are you okay?" I hear Nova ask me but i don't really respond. Enough of me isn't there to respond to her anyway. I'm drifting away, i can feel it calling me pulling me towards it. God it's so tempting and now that Ratliffs gone, why fight it? 

I stand up and point towards the door, as soon as everyone leaves i zombie walk towards the liquor cabinet. Ratliff always kept it locked cause of what happened before with me but its a simple lock. I rip it off the handle and pull it open. 

I grab the first bottle i see and chug it, it burns going down but soon a warm feeling spreads throughout my stomach and out towards the rest of my body. I grab a bottle of whiskey and walk up the stairs taking little sips enjoying the burning then warmth. 

I fall onto my bed and drink the last of the whiskey before letting the warm haze take over my body and carrying me away. This is how life should be, without pain and stress just floating and peaceful. 

~Rocky's P.O.V~ ~The Next Day~ 

It's Tiffany, i can see her smiling and laughing and peaceful. She flies towards me doing flips and spins and silly little tricks in the air, i laugh before taking in my surroundings. I'm lying flat on my back on a grassy field, the grass is soft and cushions my body. I watch Tiffany fly, her hair streaming behind her, her arms out at her sides like an airplane as she does loop-de-loops. 

Tiffany, she's even prettier then i remember, wow. Tiffany looks down at me and smiles before landing so gently on the ground the grass makes no move under her feet. She walks towards me and lays down besides me. 

"Rocky." she starts her voice as gentle and soft as i remember, beautiful. 

"Yes?" I ask wanting desperately to hear more of her voice. 

"Are you happy?" she asks her voice concerned as her question takes me by surprise. 

"Yes, i am, i miss you so much though." I reply.