Chapter 35

"HOW DID YOU EVEN FIND THAT FUNNY?! YOU CALL ME IMMATURE YET THAT WAS BEYOND IMMATURE!" Ratliff yell at Rydel. Rydel glares at him then screams back, "THAT WAS A MATURE FUNNY! AND IT WAS HILARIOUS!! YOU'RE IMMATURE BECAUSE YOU DO CHILDISH FUNNY! you know stuff thats NOT FUNNY!!!" 

The others stop laughing and Hannah, Katie and I get up off the ground. We look at Rydel who's flushed and just plain angry, then at Ratliff who's face is maroon and his eyes are lit up. I glance at Riker who's looking worried.

"NO! THAT WAS NOT FUNNY! I WAS SCARED FOR A MINUTE, BEFORE I KNEW IT WAS FAKE!! IT MAY HAVE BEEN FUNNY TO YOU BUT TO THE REST OF US THAT WAS STUPID!" Ratliff yells "NO YOU'RE THE STUPID ONE! YOU DO DUMB STUFF THEN EXPECT THE REST OF US TO LAUGH!!" Rydel retorts. "IF YOU THINK I'M SO STUPID THEN WHY ARE YOU GOING OUT WITH ME!"

Rydel falters for a second, then yells back her eyes brimming with tears, "I HONESTLY DON'T KNOW!" everyone takes a collective breath and even Ratliff looks surprised, then his face hardens and he scowls at Rydel, "then i guess we arn't going out anymore, I wonder if Stormies going to let you move back in." Ratliff says coldly.

Tears are sliding down Rydels face but she holds strong, "fine, it was more of a pity date anyway." with that she flips around, making sure to whip Ratliff in the face with her hair, and stalks up the stairs. I think back to the day when Ratliff brought home Terra and Rydel burst into tears, that can't have been pity, definitely not pity.

Ratliff sits down on the couch his head in his hands, and for the first time i see Ratliff cry. Tears run down his face as Ross, Ryland, and Katie try to comfort him. Riker, Rocky, Hannah, Tiffany, and I form a little circle and Hannah says to Riker and Rocky, "you know what this means right?" Rocky looks confused but Riker gets it right away, "the band, we're screwed." "what? what about the band?" Rocky asks.

"Rydel and Ratliff just broke up, the band its pretty much dun for. I mean there is no way they are going to be able to get along!" Rocky then understands, "this isn't good, not good at all." "no duh!" Riker snaps. "hey Rocky, this is kind of off topic but were are the kids?" Tiffany asks. "upstairs sleeping in Ross and Hannahs room" Rocky says, Tiffany nods then excuses herself, she goes upstairs then comes down with Grace in one arm and Trevor in the other.

Rocky immediately goes over and helps her, then they go home. I look at Riker and Hannah and say, "i should probably see if Rydels ok." then i head up the stairs.

"Rydel?" i ask looking into each room, i don't find her in any of them, but then i hear a sob coming from the empty bedrooms closet. I open it and see Rydel sitting on the floor bawling her eyes out. "Rydel, Rydel calm down, breath ok. In and out, in and out." I mutter sitting down next to her. Rydel wipes her eyes and tries to breath but it just comes out as hiccupy sobs. Rydel wipes her nose on a jacket hanging in the closet and looks at me, "i screwed up, i can't believe i actually said that, i screwed up so badly!" "Rydel is wasn't all your fault, Ratliff made it worse."

Rydel nods and wipes her eyes, "its just he makes me so mad sometimes! and i just couldn't take it! I like him still, but he's just so annoying sometimes!" I frown,"he's Ratliff honestly what do you expect!?" Rydel shrugs, "I just kind of hoped he would get a little more mature over the years." "again, he's Ratliff what do you expect?" Rydel gives me a watery smile and i say, "so wadda ya say? How about you go down there and patch things up?" Rydels small smile instantly goes stony. "what?" i ask.

"he suggested we break up so he's going to apologize first, otherwise its over for good." I stare at Rydel open mouthed and she stares back at me. Finally I stand up and mutter to myself, "stupid stubborn Lynchs'" then walk out of the room .

The bands pretty much over unless Ratliff and Rydel can get along. Which is highly unlikely, Rydel won't apologize because Ratliff broke up with her, yet Ratliff isn't the type of person to apologize. Yep, we're screwed just like Riker said. I walk into the living room and see Ratliff, well more like Ratliffs shoulders as sobs wrack through his body.

The others are surrounding him trying to comfort and console him, it's not working. Riker sees me and walks over, "so hows Rydel?" he asks. "hurt, sad, crying her eyes out-" "so basically Ratliff?" Riker interrupts. I nod, "yeah pretty much, she says she still likes him but since he broke up with her she isn't apologizing or anything." Riker face falls, "what?! Ratliff sayed the same thing! This isn't good at all!"

I snort, "imagine band practice." Riker winces, "I see broken drums, broken key board, broken guitars," Riker shudders, "broken bass." I nod, "now multiply that by ten, that's what rehearsal will be like." Riker eyes go wide and he actually goes pale, "no no no no no no no no no" he starts muttering to himself. I put my hands on his shoulders and stare him straight in the eyes, "Riker listen to me." "yeah?" "shut up you arn't helping." Riker cracks a smile and gives a quick peck on the lips, "thanks."

I smile, "besides i'm preggers i can't get to stressed." Riker laugh then turns stony, "how are we going to work this out though??"

~~~~HEY SO WHAT DO YOU THINK?? SORRY ITS SO SHORT OK WELL BYE!~~~~