Chapter 3: Alpha Archer

hello, this chapter has been edited

I've been blind for as long as I can remember, my mother and father told me that I've been cursed by a witch, who strongly disliked Alphas and had a long feud the werewolf world. The witch, who I never knew, thought that all Alphas were possessive and always wanted what was theirs, never sharing, so she cursed us, thinking that Alphas could never love, she made me blind so I could never see my mate and be vulnerable to the world.

The only way to regain my sight, is for someone, preferably my mate, to tell me she loved me and meant it, not because of the mate bond, but loved me with all her heart and all her soul, she was to love me for me, not because of my status. Being 25, you'd think I would have found her, but sadly, I haven't, nor did I have the time.

I never had time for it, every time the West Pack, would host the 'unmated' ceremonies, parties or gatherings, but I would not attend to them. I was a blind Alpha, and that made me vulnerable, it was my disadvantage, causing other packs and rogues to want to ambush my pack and try to take control. I had to work hard, train, try to enhance my other senses so I could be stronger and not weak. I pushed my mate life away, even though I knew that if I found her, and if she said 'I love you', then my blindness would go away and I could be a stronger and a more capable Alpha, but obviously, my pack came first. It's cruel, to say the least, but I needed to do it, for the good of the pack.

When I reached the age of 10, I started to train. I would build up my other senses and fight hard with the rest of the warriors and keep the status of my pack as one of the strongest packs in all of America, and if I didn't keep up our status, our pack would fall. Fifteen long years and I did the same routine, and when I was announced Alpha of the pack, I knew the challenges ahead. For the first few years of being Alpha, many wanted to take over. Other smaller packs constantly fought with us, rogue attacks killing a few of our innocent members and all had the same motive, to bring the BloodHowls Pack down. Of course, I didn't let them win, I had some of the strongest pack warriors and multiple connections with witches and allies, so I defeated them, one by one.

It was easier to keep up the status without a Luna, yes, the pack desperately wanted a Luna, but they knew what had to be done first. So when the West Pack hosted the unmated parties, I allowed them to go, leaving me behind and some of the pack warriors to keep guard. This year, however, was different. A day before the party began, my mother was telling me how she wanted a daughter-in-law and how she wanted grand-pups before she died and my father reluctantly agreed. They knew how important it was for our pack to have it's Luna.

We were all in the dining hall, I was at the head of the table, my mother and father on the left side of me, not sitting next to me, but sitting where they should sit. My brother on the right side and my sister sat next to them. No one else sat with us, it was peaceful until my mother started talking.

"Archer. You know how the West Pack always hosts the parties for the unmated. Well, I think it's time for you to go to them. I wanted the grand-pups son, you know before I go up with the Moon Goddess." mother bluntly announced, not trying to butter it up or make it sweer.

When she spoke those words, all of us choked on our food, my mother not paying attention to anyone of us, besides me. I couldn't see her of course, everything was black. But I could hear her authoritative voice coming from the left side of me and I could hear my siblings trying to cough up the food lodged in their throats. Not being able to see, meant I couldn't see my food, so, I tried to find the steak and feel my surroundings trying to ignore my mother as I ate silently.

"Don't ignore me. You're twenty-five and you need to find your mate, I don't want you to be blind forever honey," she spoke, as I could hear my father murmur in agreement. I set my spoon and fork down, hopefully landing on the plate, I coughed a little bit. I looked at the direction of my mother's voice, of course, seeing nothing but pitch black, I hoped I was staring at her.