Chapter 56: Irene Rose

I was snuggled up in the library after asking one of the servants to clean it after the Kayley incident as Archer was doing his Alpha duties before we left for this 'honeymoon' thing. I was casually catching up on my Harry Potter before I heard the slight knock on the library door.

   "Come in," I told whoever was at the door, it slowly opened revealing Archer in an impeccably smart looking outfit. He wore a dark black button up shirt and black dress pants, with, of course, the matching black shoes. I was blessed with such a good looking mate. I smiled brightly, placing my book down and ran up to him, wrapping my arms around him and inhaling his scent.

   "It's been two hours since I last saw you," he chuckled lightly as he also embraced me by wrapping his arms around my waist.

    "Are you complaining?" I smirked, loving the feeling of his arms wrapped me, he made me feel very safe, protected at all times.

   "Never," he whispered, kissing my ear before retracting his hands away from my waist to stare at me with his amazingly blue eyes.

    "My family wants to have a Pack lunch to celebrate my return, I hope you don't mind for not reminding you sooner," he informs me. I nodded in return, remembering he still had to meet the newly bonded pack.

    "That's good, I guess it means you can properly meet Kayley's mate," I shrugged, sighing deeply as I remembered her and Miles 'meet-ups'.

    "Mmh yes, how is he by the way?" he asked me as he leads me over to the couch, sitting me on his lap as he leant back as comfort and held my body in place using his arms.

     "He's well, nice. Kayley seems to like him, heck, love him. I've never seen them apart, literally, at night you can hear the sounds of their joining," I shudder as I remember hearing the loud squeals of Archer's sister. I heard Archer chuckled deeply, I leant on him so I could hear his steady heartbeat.

    "Yes, I heard it when I got here. It is not keeping you up at night, is it? Is Kayley treating you well?" he questioned further, his fingers drawing circles on my waist as we talked.

    "No, it isn't. I haven't really talked to Kayley since I went shopping with her, so far she's been treating my alright. Miles is keeping her in check," I responded quietly, focusing on the pads of his fingers twirling softly.

     "I need to speak with her, if she and her mate keep disturbing the household, they'll need to find a vacant house in the pack. I can't keep her here if she's disturbing both the servants and my mate, I'm sure she'll understand," he returned, as he kissed my head causing shivers to be sent through me.

    "That's a good idea," I commented.

     "How's my mother treating you? My father?" he continued to ask me and I smiled at his curiosity.

   "Your mother, well, she's doing alright. Still teaching me my Luna duties, she's still annoyed at me and your father, I haven't really talked to him, he's been going off to another pack to visit friends and other families," I told him, he only hummed in reply.

    "I'm sure my mother will warm up to you, and my father, ever since he's taken a step off being Alpha, he's been just cruising along," he replied. 

    "Yeah, I guess so," I whispered.

        I looked at the mirror and admired the pretty dress that I had bought with the girls, it felt nice against my skin and with let loose against my shoulders, I felt really pretty. Of course, I had to wear my white converse with it, we were having this lunch on the training grounds and flats would not look nice dirty. My toned arms and legs looked flushed against the sunlight as I admired how well I looked. Archer was still getting changed as the bathroom room door to his room was closed, but I had picked up his outfit, so I did not have to worry much about how he looked.