Chapter 49: Irene Rose

A.N Thank you to all you readers who have stuck with me since the start, this book will end around chapter 70, so I just want to say thank you :) CUTE LITTLE CHAPPIE FOR YOU GUYS.  WE NEED A SHIP NAME FOR IRENE AND ARCHER? IRCHER? ARENE?

     Breakfast was uneventful, I decided to avoid the family who was talking amongst themselves as  Archer had sat next to me on one of the seats in the kitchen stroking my thigh in comfort as we ate breakfast silently. It felt good to have a day without any drama, Archer would be leaving later in the day so I wanted to show him all my training before he did so. 

  After breakfast, I took his hand and tugged him through the hallways and into our bedroom where I told him to sit and wait for me so he could watch me train. He gave me a bright smile before I headed into the bathroom and changed into my training gear which consisted of an olive tank top and slim black leggings. I went back into the room where Archer was casually sitting on my bed staring at nothing, but until his eyes landed on me, his pearly white teeth were shown through a smile. I knew he couldn't see what I was wearing, but I still felt self-conscious under his stare. He stood up and slowly walked up to me and wrapped his bulk arms around my waist and breathed in my scent.

   He has taken such a liking in taking in my scent, it seemed like a fetish.

  I smiled, my lips skimming over his shirt as he held me in such as caring embrace, almost as if it was our last hug. I felt tingles everywhere, my mark warming up to his touch as his grip tightened on me and it felt nice to be protected. I really enjoy his hugs, the warmth he gave me to the gentle humming of his lips against my skin. These moments I'll cherish forever.

    "Punch harder! Honestly, you can do better than that!" my trainer yelled at me as I punched the bag relentlessly, my tired muscles screaming for me to stop as my flesh hit the brown skin. My eyes knitted together in concentration as I brought my arm up to punch again and swung it quickly until I felt my bones crack under the pressure. My breathing was slow and measured, but it made it harder to punch as my heartbeat had accelerated and it was good to make sure I wasn't panicking or breathing too harshly.

    I felt Archer's gaze on me as he watched my train with inquisitive eyes. I knew he could see me to the extent where he could see my flesh being bruised from the bag that was slowly shredding apart. I felt proud and happy that he was here to watch me before he left, it made me feel much more special as he took this time to spend with me rather than his family. I felt a little more loved.

   "Faster Irene! Just because your wolf ain't with you doesn't mean you can't punch!" he screamed in my ear as my punches started to slow down, I was too tired after a whole hour of running, kicking and sparring with the other members. My energy was deteriorating and my stench of sweat and spit was evident on my drenched t-shirt and my skin which was practically bathing in the substance.

   I did what I was told and made sure all my energy was being directed onto my arms and through the punching bad, I may not have my wolf, but I knew I had to be strong, if I was to be Luna soon, I have to be an example for all the she-wolves out there. I huffed and kept on going, the pain in my arms being nothing but a reminder of the stamina I have, I knitted my eyebrows together as I swung my arm back one last time and punched the bag with all my force which made the bag move backwards from my power. I breathed in heavily and brushed my hair back before I stood up straight and heard a clap behind me.

   "Well done Irene, that was good, go take the rest of the day off," my trainer complimented me before slapping me on the back and leaving the boxing room. I huffed out loud before I shook my head, a swell of pride in the middle of my body before I walked towards Archer with my arms feeling dead and numb. I gave him a tired smile as he outstretched his arms awaiting my body to fit into his. I sat on his legs and wrapped my arms around his neck, my sweat staining his shirt as he held me close, I felt his cool breath on my mark and I shivered.

    "You did so great," he breathed out and I felt his kiss on my mark making tingles erupt throughout my whole body and I sighed in content. 

   "Thanks, I'm all sweaty now," I teased as I placed my head on the crook of his neck, smelling his scent of old books and pine. 

    "Who cares, as long as you're here and safe, I don't mind all the sweat," he chuckled before kissing my mark once more, making me smile wildly. The butterflies were going crazy in the pit of my stomach.

      "I wouldn't mind that either," I grinned as I kissed the crook of his neck like he did with me, making him shiver slightly.

    "Tease," he huffed.

        "I'm gonna miss my baby boy!" Archer's mother exclaimed loudly, tears pricking her eyes as she tiptoed up to hug Archer. Her small frame against his large body looked ridiculous as he hugged his mother gently back, rubbing her spine to make her feel better as she sobbed quietly into his shoulder. The sight was heart-wrenching.

   "I'm gonna miss you too, Mother," he whispered back tenderly as he unravelled his arms around her frame and gave her a smile.

   "I'll be back soon, don't worry. After Irene and I's holiday, I'll spend a whole day with you," he promised her, making a smile plaster her lips and nodded. He was such a mother's boy.

    "You be good okay? Honey! Come say goodbye to Archer! You too Kayley!" Luna Lilly hollered out to the mansion. In an instant, the two family members appeared with a sad smile on their faces and went over to hug Archer, I stood by watching the scene with a warm heart. Even though Jacob wasn't there, the scene was beautiful and I felt like the ugly splotch of paint on a canvas.

    "I'll miss you all," he told them as Kayley continued to hug him. He bent down and whispered something into her ear, an annoyed expression washed over her, but nodded anyway and took several steps back and unravelled herself from him. My mind instantly wondering what he asked her.

    Archer's eyes landed on me, and I felt the heat on my cheeks as he took long strides towards me before his chest practically came in contact with my own. My face turned red as he bent down and took me by surprise as he planted his warm lips on my own, his hands gripping my waist as he kissed me softly. Sparks danced throughout my body, claiming me as theirs as Archer's warmth brought butterflies to my stomach as he moved his lips against mine. I melted into his arms and wrapped my arms around his neck to bring him closer, groaning as his tongue swiped against my body lip, he hummed in satisfaction. I smiled against his lips and then pulled back slowly remembering his family was nearby, probably watching our heated kiss.

    I felt my red heat up even more as he kissed my forehead and smiled brightly.

    "See you soon Irene," he breathed out,

     "See you soon, Archer,"