Chapter 9: Irene Rose

The day that I've been dreading has arrived, my bags were packed in a small corner of my room, along with a couple of possessions that didn't fit in the bags. My room was almost empty, the bed was stripped bare, my closets were empty, however, I left a few belongings behind such as a few stuff animals, a couple of underwear and clothes, plus a few pictures, just in case I end up running back here and hopefully gonna stay here.

My heart was heavy as I gathered all my bags to bring them downstairs. My parents weeping as they joined me to carry down my bags, my siblings anxiously waiting in the living room. My friends were waiting in the dining room, we had invited Christen and Kennan over to say our final goodbyes as we waited for the clock to strike 10 am.

We had a quiet talk about memories we were so fond of, my parents joked about my siblings and I and my two good friends joined them on saying memories about me when we were little. It was as if nothing was going to happen in the next couple of minutes.

"Remember that time when you jumped in the pond, and you when you jumped we didn't realise how deep it was and you fell right in and the water was up to your waist?" Keenan joked, as he recalled the time I saw graciously jumped in a small pond, thinking it was shallow. "Yeah, and mum and dad had to pull me out, cause we couldn't do it ourselves." I chuckled, as the rest of my family giggled at the memory. "What about that time we went shopping when we were like fourteen? We went to the stores and you found this guy who thought you were like seventeen and he legit asked you out, only for you to slap him and called him a paedophile?" Christen burst out, clutching her stomach in laughter at the memory. I giggled just before two quick knocks echoed into the living room, all of our laughter and fun ceased to stop as we all directed our eyes to the door as the silence rolled in like a plague.

My father was the first one to stand up, his footsteps slow and filled with weight as my wolf howled in anger at the lack of sound. As my father held the handle of the door, I sucked in my breath as my whole family watched as he twisted to knob and opened the door. We could all see the tears that sprung in his eyes as he stared at the waiting visitor. My eyes swelled and my heart was hammering in my chest as a new found anger and frustration seeped into me. Keenan grasped my hand tightly as my mother stood up to meet the visitor, and as she stared at the man, her head lolled to the side in submission as we sensed the Alpha power radiating amongst us. The rest of my family bowed their head, except for me.

My father greeted the unwanted visitor with a few words and allowed him to enter with respect. I sucked in another breath as my eyes landed on him. Alpha Archer stood in our living room with pride, his eyes landing on me, his baby blues meeting mine, but at the same time, he's not. I gave him a glare, allowing all my anger to seep out of my pores and into the air, telling him to not come any closer. I gripped Keenan's hand tightly as the Alpha disregarded my warning and took two long strides towards me. My wolf was snarling at him for disobeying us and I could feel her trying to come out in the back of my mind.

"It's time to go" he spoke with a commanding voice, my family and friends cowered, however, my dad and I stood our ground and did not. The both of us looked at him, our faces etching with a snarl. Crescent was making her mind up about pouncing on him and told me to bite back. I snarled and growled as we looked at him, his expression was grim and his eyes snapped towards Keenan's and I's interlaced hands, which by far took my by surprise as I thought he could not see, but he saw it and broke into a growling fit of possessiveness.

"I did not count my mate as a whore." He snarled without flinching to go to me. Cres was howling, growling and snarling as she tried to inch her way through my mind and out in the open, however, I resisted her pull and fought her, trying to push her back as I waited to lunge. He blankly disrespected me and who I was, he assumed that I was going out with someone and called me a whore in front of my family and friends. He came into my house unwanted, yet he decided he's the King and disregarded me as a mate and a she-wolf. It pricked my hairs up across my body, my anger seeping through every pore in my body, my eyes feral with disgust as my brown eyes turned golden, meaning my wolf was going to surface.

"You are no mate of mine" I snarled, trying to get him angrier so I could challenge him. His figure loomed over my sitting figure, his blue eyes shimmering to a golden hue as his own anger leeched out of him and circled around me. All his dominance as an Alpha was coming out, even father cowered away, however, I still did not. As a mate of an Alpha, I was granted a special backbone to stand my ground thanks to the Moon Goddess, meaning I had to choose to submit or not.

Keenan's grip on my hand loosened as his wolf made him submit to this Alpha. I let go of his hand, if I did not let go, he would have suffered and I could do not want that to happen. Alpha Archer's jaw clenched hard, his eyes refocusing on my figure as I could feel his gaze lingering on my swollen neck until he ripped his gaze away and looked somewhere else. 

Smirking to myself, I allowed myself some time to cool off and inhaled his scent, calming my wolf down as we inhaled the library scent. "It's time to go. I cannot afford to leave my pack much longer. You are coming with me, now." Alpha Archer spoke, his Alpha tone coming through with a hint of plea in his voice as he started to take small steps to the door. 

I growled at the sudden order and stood up from the couch to say something that Alpha's do not like to hear.

"No"

A.N Thanks for all the reads!!!! I love you guys!

Q: What do you think is going to happen next?