Chapter 57: Irene Rose

I ran to my family, they were huddled together talking to some pack members and they were enjoying themselves. Archer trailed behind me, his hand clasped into my own as I hurried towards them. Elena, Eva, Timmy and Johnny were playing with other wolves of their own before they saw me, they all screamed, besides Johnny who didn't really care and ran towards me. Tears welled in my eyes as my hand slipped out of Archer's to welcome my siblings in my arms. Elena was crying wildly, sobbing into my shoulder as she clutched onto my body, Eva and Timmy hugged me from the back, giggling wildly as they placed wet kisses on the back of my head.

    My parents seemed to notice my appearance and rushed to me, hugging me from both sides and I felt suffocated under their weight, but in that moment, I felt complete. I cried happy tears with them, no words spoken as we just hugged each other until we couldn't breathe. Before we knew it, Johnny managed to crawl this way and plop himself next to us, cooing softly as he played with a toy. I smiled in happiness as I remembered so many memories with my family and I relished in it as I felt my heart becoming full, missing them was hard enough and they were finally here, in my arms, hugging me.

   Five minutes later, they all pulled back, firing questions about my stay here and Archer. I tried to answer them as best that I could, but it was so overwhelming that I felt myself step back so far that I landed back on Archer's body, his hands coming behind me to support me. I smiled at the feeling of his hands on me.

     "Are you okay?" he asked me softly, my family coming towards me with annoyed expressions on their face, obviously disliking him due to his previous actions.

    "Yeah, I'm just so overwhelmed," I told him, feeling a little wave of relief as my family stopped asking me questions. I missed them terribly, hated how curious they could be.

     "Alpha Archer, we'd like to speak to our daughter please," my father told him, standing in front of us with my mother by his side, both having firm gazes with him.

     "Of course, but please be careful, she's quite overwhelmed with the situation," Archer replied back, before taking his hands off my waist and kissed me on my forehead.

    "I'd think we know our daughter more than you," my mother said, implying how Archer did not know me well enough. I felt Archer sigh annoyingly, before nodding slowly, knowing his pride has been hit and left without another word.

    "Mum and dad, don't be rude to him, he just got back from therapy," I hissed out, picking up Johnny who was picking at my shoelaces.

   "He should've stayed there, he may be the one who invited us here, but he still hurt our daughter," My dad told me before directing us to my family's table. Elena and Eva were talking about Elena's mate, who was probably somewhere in the crowd talking to Archer's beta.

   "I'm over it now dad, I've accepted him as my mate," I said, sitting down next to Elena.

    "Oh! Irene, look! I'm marked!" Elena squealed happily, showing her mark adoring her shoulder. I felt the happiness in my heart grow at the sight of her happiness, I squealed and hugged her side tightly, delighted her mate was good to her.

   "I'm so happy for you Elena! Really, this is great!" I beamed as she laughed with me, Eva also laughing, but for a different reason.

   "I know right, he's treating me so well, he pack welcomed me with open arms and I'm genuinely happy, but don't worry, no pups will be coming soon," she told me, giving me a winking face as I made a disgusted face.

   "Good, I don't want to be an aunt yet," I teased and she rolled her eyes.

    "Is Archer treating you well? He hasn't been the best mate," she pointed out and I shrugged.