Chapter 43: Irene Rose

A.N I hope this is a good chapter, if not, meh I tried

  The sound of my beating heart rang in my ears as I dodged another attack, my right arm swinging to come into contact with a cheek and it made a very harsh 'whack' sound and I could feel my knuckles breaking under the pressure. Sweat dripped down my forehead as I swung my leg around which succeedingly knocked my opponent to the ground, losing their balance I swung my body on top of them and gave them two hard punches on the cheeks before the person had regained their strength and pushed me off them. I breathed in deeply as I saw my opponent smirk tauntingly and before I could do anything they punched me square on my jaw and I could feel blood seeping through the broken skin, I growled at them. 

   I swung my right arm again which hit them on the nose making them take a step back as I hit them in the stomach causing them to groan loudly as they gripped their stomach. I took this chance to throw my punches quickly making sure to hit every pressure point until they shouted out 'done'. But, they weren't saying anything so I kept on going, every punch on their skin my own skin was seeping blood, every kick made my legs go weak, but I kept on going until all the strength I had disappeared. 

   Kick, punch, kick, punch, punch

  It was my mantra as I was beating my opponent to a pulp and before I could redo it again, they yelled the words of defeat and I retreated back to my corner where I smirked. This was my second win in training and I got to say, I was getting better at this. One of the omegas had handed me a towel and used it to wipe off the sweat that had drenched my forehead.

    "Good job Irene, you're getting much better. Ten minutes and forty seconds. New record." Jacob smirked proudly as he eyed the bloody warrior who was being tended to by a pack doctor. 

   "Cool, I'm glad I started to train. A future Luna has to be able to defend herself," I joked, I was slowly accepting that I was going to be a Luna in a few months, but that didn't mean I'll try to get out of the ceremony so I could be just a regular wolf for maybe a year. I had started to train about a week ago, every day after my Luna lessons, I'd be training for a gruesome five hours with the other warriors and with a mentor like Jacob, I had excelled quicker in a few days than the some of the warriors here.

   "Hopefully you'll never have too," he muttered quietly and I playfully punched him on the shoulder laughing.

   "We'll have to see Jacob," I giggled as I placed the towel around my shoulders. I received a smile in return before he left to check on the other warriors who were sparring in the area. They were all so bulky and I looked like a twig next to them, I've sparred lightly with some of the warriors here, two I had defeated, one I lost against. They all seemed to be pretty involved in their pack, the Warriors here rotated daily around the pack, they helped out with building homes and sometimes even just watching while everyone around them did their business for suspected illicit behaviour.

   They fought hard and I admired how they were very much loyal to the pack, they weren't mean to me or to anyone around them. They enjoyed pulling a few jokes here and there, but they were serious during sparring and it amused me to see some truly men joke about things that were so small like unicorns and pixies. They treated me with respect, they made sure that every time I felt they'd try to push me back up or if I won a sparring match they'd congratulate me. 

   There were she-wolf warriors, but they were only allowed to keep watch in the town and on streets, never outside the borders or walls that kept them safe. They were treated with respect and they must be protected as much as possible. However, they are really tough and hardcore. All she-wolf warriors enjoyed the occasional sparring match with the men here as well as sparring and training in their respective group. They wanted to show the men here that woman can fight too and I respected that.

   "Oi Irene! Take the rest of the training off to patch your wounds!" Jacob yelled from across the training grounds, I nodded in return and walked off from the training grounds and into the house where a nurse greeted me with a bright smile and inspected my wounds before motioning me to follow. This was the typical procedure whenever I finished training, a nurse would meet me at the door, checked my wounds and then escort me to the doctor's room where I'd be patched up. Today, I knew I was showing a busted lip, several bruises and probably cuts on my knuckles and swelling on my cheek. Jacob would not let me spar until my wounds were closed up.

   Archer knew of my training and after some persuasion, he let me go and told me that if I get something broken I stop doing it and stay inside. I rolled my eyes at his protectiveness. Quickly, the she-wolf who brought me here cleaned my wounds and applied the cream on each cut before telling me that Luna Lilly is waiting for me in my room. I nodded slowly before getting off the chair I sat on and walked down four hallways until I found my room where the light in my room was on and showed underneath the doorway.

   My hands grasped the cool metal of my doorway and I turned it and opened the door wide open. 

   "Luna Lilly, what I please-" I stopped my sentence and gasped at the sight, for it was not Luna Lilly in my room, it was the one person I desired to see the most, Archer. My eyes widened at the sight of him, he sat casually on my bed staring at the window and I felt my heart beat really fast as I felt excitement rushed through my veins. I couldn't believe he was here, Archer was here in my room when he should be at training, I almost squealed.

   "Archer!" I beamed as he stood up and faced me. A bright smile plastering on his face and my heart warmed at the sight of him. I ran up to him with my arms spread out wide, his arms doing the same thing and as I was about to jump up to hug him. His hands gripped my armpits and swung me high in the air, twirling me around in his arms for a little bit and chuckled loudly before putting me down and kissed me straight on the lips. 

   I savoured his mouth on mine as I kissed back, I had missed him too much to not do so. I wasn't embarrassed to kiss him and as his tongue swept over my bottom lip, I melted in his arms. My skin tingled, my heart warm and my body moulding into his. He was a perfect kisser and he made my heart thump wildly. He held me tightly as he parted my lips a little more so he could gain entrance. But, he retracted quickly, giving me a small peck on my lips before giving me a kilowatt smile.

   "Hi," he greeted, his transparent blue eyes shining with emotion.

"Hi," I replied back, giving him a bright smile before I brought my lips to kiss again.

A.N Sooo, I'm planning to end this book within the next ten or twenty chapters or so, but for the mean time, check out Baby Steps on my profile!

N Sooo, I'm planning to end this book within the next ten or twenty chapters or so, but for the mean time, check out Baby Steps on my profile!