Chapter 39: Irene Rose

The air was cold, the tension was thick as a woolly blanket. My heart was beating a harsh pace that you could almost hear it thumping in the silent room. I waited for his next words, the words that could break me, make me regret jumping to conclusions and finally, make me fall for him once again. My eyes had met his teary-eyed ones, it was filled with regret and sorrow and I had a flashback of the scenario that had happened in Alpha James' pack. 

    "I don't deserve you," he said in a breathy tone, making me heart unwillingly clench and my breath hitch as his stare had become too intense for this moment. 

  "I told myself that leaving you would help me restrain myself so I wouldn't hurt you anymore. I tried to convince myself that it was the right thing once I had left you. No, it wasn't punishment, no it wasn't because you're not worthy of bearing my pups and no it wasn't because I didn't have feelings for you. I-I just wasn't ready for you.

  You've been to good for me, I don't deserve me, once I feel like I'm almost ready, sure maybe. I don't deserve you, nor should the Moon Goddess have ever paired us together because so far I've hurt you more time than I can count and I've had to live with the thought that I will never be good enough for you because, in the end, I don't think I'll ever be ready for your love." he spoke slowly making me choke up from my tears that flowed freely down my cheeks.

  His eyes were searching for something, he looked right through me, yet it was as if he looked directly at me. I didn't understand what he was doing, but for some odd reason, it brought me comfort. My hands shakily went up to cup his face, my thumb brushing over his stubble sending shivers down my spine and my skin lighting with goosebumps as the sparks had left me in a shivering heat. Archer learnt directly into my touch, closing his eyes slowly, savouring my touch. 

   The tears were uncontrollable now, his head in my hands, the sparks flying everywhere and the confession he had made, had made me think that I didn't deserve him. He was too precious, he was trying and I was a fool for overthinking his actions and my heart clenched at the thought of everything that had happened these past few days. I shouldn't be selfish, maybe I had just wanted a pup and that clouded my vision of seeing directly forward.  I let out a shaky breath as my thumb padded over Archer's skin lightly, I felt his breath hitch under my touch as his eyes slowly opened filled with tears.

   "It's okay, I don't deserve you either," I had whispered as if it was a secret between us. I brought my knees down so I could kneel with him, I had to look up at him once I was in this position, he was too tall for me. I wiped away lone tears as I stared up at him, giving him a small smile as his eyes bore into mine, full of raw emotion and I almost choke up on how much pain I saw.

   "Please, don't ever leave me," he breathed out slowly and I shivered at his words. I could feel myself nod as a lone tear had slipped past my eye as my hands travelled themselves around Archer's torso, securing him a caring embrace and I buried my face into his chest, breaking into a sob. The emotions were too overwhelming for me as I let the tears freely fall, I could feel Archer's arm hook onto my waist pulling me closer towards him, leaving no space as I allowed myself to just feel all the emotions crawling around me and savouring this beautiful moment.

   My skin was painted with goose bumps as his arms slipped underneath my shirt, caressing my bare skin slowly, his cold hands making me shiver. I felt his face bury into the crook of my neck where his mark was placed and I shivered in content as his lips lightly skimmed the two bumps. 

   "Goddess, I've missed you," he admitted in my neck as his arms wrapped around me tighter, smelling my scent. I could feel myself smile, as my face was basically in his shirt, smelling the masculine scent of pine and old books. I will never get used to this. We stayed in this position for several minutes, my body growing tired every passing second with all the emotions still rustling in me. 

   My body sagged underneath Archer and somehow he knew how tired I was because the next second I was being scooped up in his strong arms and placed softly on the bed where my head was on his chest, feeling his chest rise as I cuddled into him. I hummed in satisfaction, my arms wrapping themselves around his torso as my eyes shut to a close. The more I snuggled into him, the more I felt content and safe, it made me feel fuzzy all over and I couldn't help but feel this was meant to happen.

   Soon enough I felt a strong arm wrapped around my torso, bringing my closer and once again the fuzzy feelings escalated. I literally felt like I was floating on cloud nine once my body gave into the influence of sleep and let myself stay in position with Archer sleeping soundly next to me.

    I woke up to my body resting on top of Archer's, my legs on both sides of his torso and my face buried in his neck. Archer's hands were wrapped around my thighs as he caged me in. My eyes were still closed, but my mouth peaked upwards as I inhaled his delicious scent.

 My eyes were still closed, but my mouth peaked upwards as I inhaled his delicious scent

  I felt safe in his arms, his warm body making up as a blanket which warmed my insides up as his breaths were steady and calm. I liked this Archer a lot. 

A.N AWWWW

N AWWWW