Chapter 65: Alpha Archer

A.N ALMOST UP TO 200K WHOOOO GUYSSS THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

GOAL: 202K??

GET READY FOR A DRAMATIC CHAPTER

     I held Irene's had protectively as we sat on the table surrounded by her family members and the Alpha, Beta and Gamma of WestPack. Alpha Keen's son had recently taken up the task of becoming the Alpha and his chosen beta and gamma became their title. The new Alpha was quite an asshole, for a young Alpha he was already showing neglection and major ignorance to world wide matters, but other than that, the pack seemed to respect him. His Beta however tempted me to punch him in the face, not only was he casually flirting with Irene, but he seemed to disrespect me by calling me by my first name. It agitated my wolf and me, plus, I can tell that Irene was also feeling uncomfortable.

     I had yet to meet this 'Keenan' but I was informed that I have met him when I picked up Irene from her house, and well, it went terribly wrong. My wolf was on edge about meeting him, Irene seemed very fond of him, and must admit something terrible stirred inside me when I thought of him. I felt Irene's fingers brush my own, squeezing it lightly whenever the Beta mentioned something that wasn't very respectful. I felt some sort of pride swell within me, having her here kept me sane and the feeling of her skin touching mine shot sparks up my arm.

     "Alpha Archer, we thank you for coming to our pack, it has been a pleasure, Irene, I'm sure you have settled well in his pack?" the former Alpha of the pack says, his mate sitting next to him with a big smile on her face.

    "I have been well, I'm sure the new Alpha has been leading the pack well," she curtly replies, her finger still soothing over mine as she smiled.

   "Yes, could be better, but he's new at this and he's found his Luna just a couple of days ago, he's letting her say her goodbyes from her old pack before she goes here," he says glancing at his son who gives an eye-roll.

  "That's good, an Alpha is not a good enough Alpha until he has found his Luna," I told him giving him a firm nod.

    "I cannot wait for you guys to meet her," His son replies, a smell of pride in the air as he beams brightly at us. 

     "Oh my goddess, it's Christen and Keenan!" Irene suddenly exclaims in a whisper, her eyes alight with happiness as she spots two people who are looking around. The girl had the faint smell of an omega, but Keenan smelt like a regular wolf maybe has a rank as a warrior I couldn't tell from so far away. Her aura turned for a dark yellow to one of the brightest yellows that I've only seen at some points. I frowned suddenly, not liking at how happy she was at seeing her friends, especially the male friend.

    "Will you excuse me? I've got to meet up with some friends of mine," Irene says, the Alpha nodded and she ran out of her seat, her hand leaving mine cold as she practically jumped on her friends who howled in laughter. I watched for a few seconds at their interaction, noticing how the male friend had hugged her a little longer than the she-wolf next to him. They all radiated happiness, their squeals and laughter becoming noticed by a few wolves who chuckled at their reaction, I, however, was gripping the table harshly that my knuckles were hurting.

   I stood up abruptly and excused myself briefly before coming over to Irene who was being asked questions by her two friends, she tried to answer them politely, only to be bombarded with more. I went over and placed both my hands on her shoulders, instantly she calmed down and leant into my touch, I only smirked at her friend's reactions, especially Keenan who's aura turned slightly orange.

    "Hello, you must be Irene's friends. Christen and Keenan I presume," I greeted them, making sure to amplify my distaste of Keenan.

   "Yes Alpha Archer, we haven't seen Irene is so long, thank you for letting her stay for a few days," Christen says with an aura that was shining very brightly, I only nodded in return and stroked Irene's shoulders slightly.