TO FINISH

19 million

A chapter to close a chapter.

Thank you to all those who have dutifully read all the chapters and dealt with all the plot holes, stubborn characters, plot twists, changing points of view and overall just a mess of a book.

Am I proud of this book? In a way yes. It is the first book I have ever written that has gotten so many reads, comments and votes. I've loved writing the chapters and coming up with new ideas to extend the universe in which I've created. It had been a learning experience and I couldn't be happier to finally complete it. 

But, I am not proud at the same time. This book is immensely messy in many ways and I am so thankful to all my readers who put up with it and finished it. However, this book does not reflect my core values and beliefs about how to live a life and how to overcome the mental and physical abuse of two lovers. I am not proud enough to ever publish it or to even rewrite it, but I am so happy that many people enjoyed it. I am also not proud of the way I've written my main protagonist and her love interest, the mental and physical abuse between the pair is overall shameful if this was to ever reflect the way that couples should treat their relationship in real life.

But, this book does not reflect reality and it possibly never will be. 

I wanted to write a story where the main protagonist overcomes all problems and issues, to stand her ground in the face of adversity and fear. I am not sure if I ever truly did that. Did she grow from the beginning or did she not? Did Archer ever truly grow from the beginning as well? Maybe, I'm not so sure. In my head, I'd like to think that they grew up as a couple, from two people who hated each other to eventually realise that they were meant to be together to each other lessons. I wanted to show my readers that if you're willing to work it out, you should. Should I have put it in the context of abuse and manipulation? I'm not so sure anymore. 

In the end, I'm trying to just move forward. I got a lot of hate and criticism from this book but at the same time a lot of love and encouragement. I do read a lot of the criticism and hate more than the supportive ones, but I've taken it into account, both the good and the bad. Seeing all that hate really discouraged me as a writer and as a person. Even though some attacked the characters, they in a way attacked me, because I am the author and I created them, so it reflects onto me.

But, I'd like to say that I've grown. 

I am now writing spin-offs for some characters featured in The Blind Alpha. Alpha James gets a book titled 'Second Mate' and the Donovan children also have a book, The Female Alpha. I am proud to say that these books will have better character development, the better plot line and overall just be a reflection of the growth that came from this book. They are on my profile if you would like to read.

Thank you to all the readers who have supported me and who also shown their displeasure.

This journey of The Blind Alpha has come to an end, but it doesn't mean there are a few more side missions along the way.

I hope you're with me for the next few ones.

Much love to all of you,

Ren.

p.s extra chapters follow after this one :)