Chapter 46: Third Person's POV

All eyes were on the infamous pair, Archer's stance was stiff, his eyes zoning on every family member, trying to see if any of them would protest of what would happen, challenging to speak up to the Alpha. But, none had spoken, their tails tucked underneath them as their necks were being pointed towards him, showing submission and he breathed out in triumph. His eyes went over to Irene who painfully clutched his left hand to the point he could not even feel it, orange pursued within her showing how tense she was, how uncomfortable she was and the faintest of blue which indicated her sadness. His heart jerked at the sight of her, his wolf pleading to comfort her, but he knew it would make matters worse if he was to do that in front of everyone. Everyone was too uncomfortable and the air was thick to do something so calming.

     "Dinner's dismissed, sorry," he told everyone and stood up quickly, tugging on Irene's as an indication to follow him. She took the hint and was practically dragged out of the room by her mate, and before they left the room, she took one last glance at the family whose eyes trained on her, everyone's hard stare penetrated her breaking wall and the only ones that seemed to know how she felt was Jacob and Archer, in which Jacob gave a sad smile as she was pulled away and into the hallway

    Once they were in the safety of Irene's room, she was immediately engulfed by her mate's strong and comforting arms. It sent flames dancing on her skin and it relaxed her by a lot as the privacy of the room had made her unwind in her mate's arms. She closed her eyes and allowed herself to feel the sense of belonging in the arms of Archer. His chin was placed on top of her head as he rubbed her back slowly, his eyes closed as he sensed his mate's pain which throbbed in his heart and whole body. Irene felt the tears prick in the corner of her eyes, disappointment and worthlessness sinking into her bones and blood, making her feel guilty for even being in the mansion. She didn't want to feel this way, but the weight of everything was slowly sinking in and the dislike of her from Archer's family members had made everything settle in and she felt much worse than she's ever been

    "Goddess, I'm so sorry," Archer said, holding her body close to hers as he breathed in her scent trying to relax Venus who was growling lowly in the back of his mind. Archer could feel his heart burning as Irene started to break into sobs, everything was crashing down for the pair and it seemed only their comfort would give them safety. Archer could feel himself cry at the burning sensation of his mate in pain was etching into his skin, lungs and blood. It was as if he had a virus which would not go away and the only cure would be to see Irene smiling brightly. 

    He could feel the sadness, the pain and anger flowing through her and onto him, he could feel the wetness of her tears staining his shirt and he felt the vibrations of her sobs echoing through her bedroom walls. He felt so much of her pain that it hurt him dearly as if each cry of pain would bring it ten times more of it onto him. Archer tried to soothe her by rubbing his hands onto her back, slowly caressing her in attempts to stop her wild sobs. Even though a mates touch can heal you, doesn't mean it can stop the pain that lingered inside of you.

    "Goddess, I feel so stupid for even trying," Irene cried out as she pushed herself out of Archer's chest to wipe her tear stained cheeks and eventually went back to hugging her mate tenderly.

   "You're not stupid Irene, goddess, you're amazing," he replied back kissing her softly on top of her head as he tightened his grip around her.

   "No I'm not, your family practically hates me and I can't seem to keep myself in check," she muttered into his chest as her sobs were less loud and dimmed down slightly.

   "I'll go have a talk with them, they need to understand not everything is about the pack," he reassured her making the guilt in Irene's chest clench slightly.

   "You can't do that, it might make it worse," she sniffled out, her nose blocked from her tears as she held Archer tighter than she ever did before.

   "No, it won't, they need to understand who's boss," he told her sternly, causing her to look up at him which she then saw Archer facing directly at her, his wolf eyes peeking out as he saw her sad and angered aura.

    "I won't let you do that," she told him which only made Archer much more annoyed.

    "Yes I will, I can. Now, let's go to sleep. I'm tired and you need to calm down. I want you happy, tomorrow we'll figure this out okay?" he reasoned with her which made her smile slightly. His assertiveness and stubbornness making her feel a little lighter than before.

    "Fine, fine. Tomorrow we'll talk, okay?" she sniffled out, her sobs and cries disappearing from existence beside her tear stained cheeks which reflected the moonlight. He simply nodded in return and they headed to bed. The covers wrapped around each other as Archer grabbed Irene's waist to pull her close as if she'd disappear from sight. His warmth was the only thing distracting young Irene from bursting into tears as she snuggled into Archer's chest lovingly. 

   He gave a tender kiss on Irene's cheek as his head was just near her ears, his warm breath tickling her as he did so

   He gave a tender kiss on Irene's cheek as his head was just near her ears, his warm breath tickling her as he did so. With his arm wrapped securely around her waist, caging her in a positioned in which she can't escape from, they both fell asleep under the light of the moon. their breaths mingling as one as time passed by them. Irene felt at peace in her mate's arm, feeling loved by someone she didn't think was capable of such thing.

   But a cute scene doesn't  last long, for when Irene woke up early in the morning, Archer was gone from her bed and only his imprint of his body staining the sheets and the worry settling into the pit of her stomach.