Chapter 25: Irene Rose

The beast's walls came crumbling down, his body poised in a vulnerable position which shows that he is at his lowest point. His body shook with tears as all his sins came crumbling down upon him, guilt eating him alive. I stood dumbfounded at the Alpha male who bowed down before a mere she-wolf, his sorrows clouding the room as dread filled within me. There was no more fear as I saw Alpha Archer cry in front of me.

  He muttered a few things only I could hear, his sorrow being heard to the Moon Goddess as he let himself become a shell of a man in a mere few seconds. "I am sorry for all the pain I caused you, I had no control of my wolf then, and I have little control of my wolf and anger now. I did not wish to harm you Irene, but my anger was blinding me. I understand if you were to reject me, but I need to tell you something before anything happens." He told me and I stiffened as he looked at me with those blind eyes that I had liked the most about. His once hard and cold eyes softened as he stared through me ready to open up to me.

  His words caused sharp pains in my heart as his hand touched my thigh, sending chills down my spine as his gentle touch made my heart beat faster. I allowed myself to feel the bond rather than build my walls up, Alpha Archer no threat to me at this moment and my shoulder throbbed slightly, his touch not making sense to my body.

  For the few days I lived with him, I hated his touch, his presence, and his mere existence. My body reacting to him in which no she-wolf has reacted to their mate before, but now, I was willing to look past everything when he came to me crying. It was a sudden change in mood, but watching a man cry was an exception to my guarded heart.

  "When I just born, I was a gift to the pack. Something so pure to the world that my parents cherished, they gave me everything. I was only so little when a witch came and attacked our pack, apparently, she heard that a new Alpha was born and wanted to see for herself. My parents told me that our pack had a feud with the witches, especially this witch. Usually, all packs had hated the witches for they possessed power that we can never hold and we fought over land, food, money for centuries. 

   This witch was under strict instructions to meet me and when she found me alone in my cot she cursed me with blindness for werewolves greed blinds us all. Our blindness towards love and our mates made us greedy, we Alphas want power and in turn, we are blinded by it. The witch cursed me and therefore made me vulnerable to the world. Without sight, I was practically useless, we tried everything, well my parents did. But there was no cure. 

  We had asked an oracle to see my future, she was the only one who knew what we could do. She gave us the answer, all I had to do was find my mate and make her fall in love with me. She was my key to not being vulnerable, to regain my sight. The Witch knew that all Alphas were hard to love, hard to cooperate with as we are blinded with ruling and keeping our lineage strong. But, I couldn't wait for my mate to show up and decided to take matters into my own hands.

  Everyone thought that a blind wolf was useless, so I trained hard a young age. Every day was brutal training and a strict diet.I had to enhance my senses if I wanted to be the best Alpha I could be. I did not need to worry about love or mate as I had chosen my own fate. When I first shifted, my wolf was in control, he was strong and aggressive. He hated how I was blind, he wanted to be stronger and kill the witch who had cursed us both. It was unnatural to hear a wolf be in control of its host during its first shift and when it did happen to me. He went on a rampage. 

  He killed people that day, he was lucky to gain his sight when he was in control and he scoured the area to find a witch to kill and he did, but not the one who cursed me. When I finally regained control of my wolf, I became angry with myself, I became angry with my wolf and didn't shift until the next full moon.