EXTRA CHAPTER 1

A.N ARMELLE'S STORY HAS NOW A PROLOGUE GO VISIT MY PROFILE

The Third Pup

   Irene felt the hole in her heart grow slowly by every passing day towards the twins birthday, or should she say triplets. Her little babies were turning one and the mere thought of them not celebrating it with Aiden made a frown etch onto her face. Armelle and River noticed their mothers frown and walked towards her, their little chubby fingers outstretching to their mommy who was sitting down in a small rocking chair clutching a tiny picture in her hands.

   "Momma!" Armelle exclaimed loudly, falling into her mother's lap as she tried to get on the chair. Irene gave a small smile, watching her two babies go towards her. She picked up Armelle and River, placing their chubby bodies on her lap and kissed both their cheeks. They laughed in happiness before River spotted the little picture and snatched it out of his mother's hand.

   "What dis momma?" he said, furrowing his eyebrows at the sight of a small baby in the picture. Irene's breath hitched as she watched her son looking at the tiny picture. Armelle looked over his shoulder and pointed at the baby.

   "Ver Ver?" she asked looking at her brother and the picture, her tiny mind looking at the resemblance. Irene's heart twisted as River's eyes brightened up at the sight of it.

   "It me!" he announced and Irene only covered her pain with a smile, all-knowing that it wasn't River in the picture. It was Aiden.

       2 years later

 "Momma, why is there a photo of you and another baby? Is that River?" Little Armelle asked her mother as she was tucked in her bed alongside River who was already fast asleep. Irene froze, her heart skipping a beat as she stared at her little girl with a small crack in her heart, a small smile etched on her face as she caressed Armelle's face slowly. She had planned to tell the twins of their other brother in the next few years, once they understood. But, Armelle and River couldn't help but wonder why there was a picture of another baby in her arms in the hospital room. Plus, the fact they'd always visit the same spot on their birthday was a posing question to them both.

   "That's another story to tell my princess, you will find out once you're older," Irene whispered slowly, her eyes never leaving her daughters as she bent down to press a soft kiss to her forehead.

   "I'm already older though," Armelle pouted, wanting to hear the story of whoever that baby was. Irene chuckles lowly, admiring Armelle's willingness to learn something new.

   "Soon honey, you'll understand very soon, but for now, go to sleep," Irene husher her curious pup who only nodded sleepily in reply and quickly dozed off to sleep as her mother sighed heavily and walked out of the room with her head hung low.

   Once she made it to bed, her heavy heart could take no more and quickly grabbed the soft blanket that her once alive pup was in. The smell of her young still remained on the blanket as tears left her blue eyes, her heart crying out to her lost one in her big bed, calling out to Aiden. Keeping him a secret had always been a heavy burden for her, knowing her children will not understand who he was until they were older was a guilty sin. But, she couldn't bear to even speak about him to anyone other than her mate. A mother's love was one of the strongest out there, losing a pup has always been her downfall and now, she couldn't bear to think of her children leaving.

  Nothing had prepared her for the pain of losing a pup, nothing could prepare her for losing Aiden.

    As she cried, Archer had found himself laying next to her, holding her and pressing gentle kisses to her face. He couldn't bear to see her cry, it was hurting him as he tried to comfort his mate. His wolf crying out to her wolf, but alas, they weren't speaking and it broke him knowing that she may never fully recover from this. It was their third pup after all, and they had lost him to a battle he couldn't win.