Chapter 12: Irene Rose

The pain was the most evident feeling ever, anger was the next, then fear and finally tiredness. My head rested against my legs as the tears continuously flowed down my face, my hands encased my legs as I sat with my legs on the car seat. The raging hormones in the air were evident which mixed my pain, I allowed my feelings to go through the bond so Alpha Archer was able to feel everything that I felt, so he knew the pain that he caused.

Even if we have been driving for half an hour, the screams and the scene of family crying, my brother and sister being held by on the neck as the life slowly were squeezed out of them. My dad laying motionless on the floor and my mother's petrified screams echoed in my mind. To see them in pain made me would disappear in the depths of my mind, unwilling to come out as the betrayal of our mate, and the almost deaths of my family pushed her away from reality.

I couldn't feel her, I couldn't sense her and it troubled me as another part of my life slowly disappeared, leaving me in a state of depression and pain.

Of course, my mate did not say a word, only his ragged breaths and his heavy sighs were the only things that I could hear apart from my crying. It's been years since this depression stage was upon me, ever since I got out of segregation I've never felt this way since. Now, looking at my mate, all I can feel is hatred, disgust, anger and betrayal. What once a precious thing was now something I despised. Fate was being cruel to me, even when I thought that segregation was a way that fate made me stronger, now I can tell she has been cruel all along. The Moon Goddess paired Alpha Archer and me, which I thought was almost a blessing until the secrets revealed.

I was too stubborn, just like Alpha Archer, although it balances each other out, it made things even more complicated. An Alpha should never be disrespected, an Alpha should never have to use all his dominance to get what he wants, an Alpha always gets what he wants. That's why mates have always been such a weird and touchy subject, the male mates always get so possessive and utterly uncontrollable with their mates and Alphas are like 100 times worse. The thought of me going to heat was going to be one hell of a ride, and I wasn't ready to pop my cherry anytime soon as well as having little pups running around. I wasn't even ready of becoming a Luna.

Luna's are made, not born into it. Luna's are meant to be strong, kind, brave and especially submissive to their Alpha. I would stray from that path that's for sure, Luna's make the pack stronger than ever. She was meant to be the firm hand with the gentle smile, she is meant to be the guidance of the lost and be just to those who have dishonoured their pack. I am no Luna. I couldn't be, my wolf has been stripped away, my heart shattered into broken pieces and my will to live is slowly fading away and it was all because of him and my stubbornness.

It's my fault that my family was hurt, it was my fault that my brother had experienced a near death as well as my sister. It's my fault that I was forcefully marked, it's my fault for being so stubborn, it is my fault that my wolf has disappeared, it's all my fault.

I allowed more tears to fall down my cheeks and landing on my leg, I allow my emotions to take me away and my eyes to drift to a close.

I woke up with a start, my hands clutching sheets, my head was rested on a soft pillow. My eyes landed on the roof, a pristine white roof with golden embellishments that made the roof look beautiful and expensive. I breathed in the unfamiliar air, the smell of mint and vanilla coming through my nostrils as my body shook slightly from the unfamiliar room. Getting up from my position, my hands were tucked beside me as I sat on top of the bed, taking in my surroundings. 

 The walls were white with gold intricate designs, just like the roof. Everything was either white or gold, the wide window spanned across one whole wall in front of the bed, the frame work covered with gold paint carved with wooden designs, along with gold curtains. The bed was a four poster, queen sized bed with white bed sheets and white pillows with the same designs that the wall and roof had.

The bed area was raised by just a couple of centimetres so there were only two stairs to get up to it. The floor was white carpet, expensive and probably made out of cotton or nylon. There were book shelves that were white and lined the right side of the room with a white table situated in the middle of it, along with a gold chair. Where the window was, on the left side were two doors. Both white with gold designs which probably led to the bathroom and wardrobe. Finally, on the same wall, the bed was situated on, there were double doors, both gold with detailed designs that probably led to the outside, maybe a hallway or something.

It was obviously beautiful, fit for a queen almost. The view was, of course, amazing, it looked upon a whole forest, which probably was the pack forest. It was green and I could see the horizon that peaked over the top of two mountains as well as the river that flowed down into the forest from wherever I am.

I smiled at the view, expecting my wolf to purr at it, but it never came. Then the pain struck me again. My wolf was gone and to make matters were, the doors to the room I stayed in opened.