Chapter 6: Irene Rose

Crescent was howling at me to get back up, her cries and whimpers were all I heard as black abyss just took my surroundings. She and I could hear faint mutters of voices, but our eyes would never open. I didn't know how many days I was left in this world, nothing other than my wolf to comfort me and the thoughts in my head that kept repeating the same word.

Betrayal

I never heard a situation where someone marked their mate forcefully, and I might as well have been the first one to be in the situation. Not only was it a sin to mark your mate forcefully, but it meant that the person who did had a lack of self-control and would reflect badly on the people associated with that particular wolf. Seeing that my mate was an Alpha and marked me forcefully, it would reflect badly on his pack and his family. It would bring shame to the pack unless I forgave him and marked him afterwards, but I would never forgive him. 

Being marked kinda meant they took your virginity away in a different situation. Marking your mate is meant to be sacred and gave you abilities that only you and your mate can use between each other, such as healing one another. Other abilities are that you can mind-link even if you are not part of each others pack, as well as hear you mates thoughts and feel their feelings and fight stronger when you are together. That's why so many wolves wanted to mate or marked early to gain that type of strength only your mate can bring you. You would usually mark your mate when you have your first heat, as it was a special time to bring pups to the world as well as show how much control you have over your wolf. 

When a she-wolf goes into their heat, it sparked arousal and the most delicious smell for all male werewolves to smell, making them be filled with lust and the urge to mate with that female, whether mateless or not. However, only mated male wolves don't feel the smell and only the unmated and it would cause a huge riot if that she-wolf's mate did not mate with her. During the heat, your body would prepare for a pup or more, and if your mate does not satisfy your wolf and your needs, meaning not make love or mate, then you lose that chance for a pup until your next heat comes.

I don't know when I'll get my first heat, but I'm terrified that my mate would have no self-control and forcefully take me as he did today, or the day he did. I don't want to bear pups at this age, I want to explore before pups bring me down, I prayed to the Moon Goddess that my heat won't come now, but in several years or after I explored the world. But now, I don't think I'll get that chance anymore, the Alpha has claimed its mate and once you're mated, there's no going back and your life may technically be over.

My wolf was snarling, she was furious. She did not like how her mate marked us forcefully, and now there's no respect for him, all hope for him was thrown out the window. I hated Alphas, I hated how they wanted to see the submission, they wanted power and if they see something that is not worthy, they instantly take it, and if they want something, they'll get it, no mercy and no say it what-so-ever. We are the Alphas mate, and now we're an object to him, we cannot escape, whether we like it or not.

As for waking up from this nightmare, we cannot wake up. My wolf wanted to wake up and stretch her legs and she begged and pleaded for me to at least bring my eyes to an open. But I couldn't, I wanted to move desperately, I wanted to slap the Alpha and make him feel the same pain I felt when he marked me, my wolf wanted blood, she wanted his blood.

Within moments later, I felt my arm twitch slightly, the feeling in both my arms coming back to me as the rage bubbled up within me. My body was responding to the hatred of the Alpha male, causing my blood to pump faster and my body regaining a little strength. My body and mind wanted to make the Alpha suffer and together we try to wake up from my coma-like state.

My hearing was coming back to me as I heard frantic cries of someone, the sound of people rushing closer to me entered my ears and someone's hand wrapped ever so delicately around mine, whispering me to wake-up, telling me to open my eyes and even though I didn't see them,  I knew who it was. The angered bubbled at a scary rate, blood rushing to every part of my body as I retold myself to wake up. My body was alight with anger and the temptation to hit something, or particularly, someone and the more that someone spoke to me, the more my anger was reaching its peak.

Wake up, Irene! Wake up!

My eyes shot open and my hand was brought up quickly, punching the nearest thing near me and thank the Moon Goddess it was him. With all my strength, my hand punched his beautifully carved face causing him to stumble back and let go of my right hand, he winced as I drew my hand back feeling immense pain and my skin bleeding a little with minor cuts. I felt accomplished as he held the spot where I hit him, right on the cheek.

My wolf howled at me with delight as we watched in pure pride as his eyes turned dark, his wolf peering out to see what was the commotion as he stared at me with furious eyes. I gave him a smug look and looked at the room. Thank the moon I was at the packed hospital, both my parents and siblings gave a relieved sigh as they looked at me, my mother's eyes welling up with tears and my dad gave a disappointed look towards me. However, my siblings looked directly at my left shoulder, inspecting the damage there in pure horror. 

No one said a word as my hand was brought up to the spot to feel where the mark was, I felt the numbness in my shoulder as my hand went over the area and I winced at how odd it felt, it was as if it had swelled up largely against my neck and now it looked like I had a third shoulder. I knew it was red and an ugly shade of black as I ran over the two punctured holes where it sealed up and created a scar, it was jagged and it felt unnatural against my skin as I could feel my wolf's anger in my mind as I touched that area.

I felt disgusted and dropped my hand to look over to the unworthy male as he stared at me with the little emotion he held, his blindness being a weakness as he stared through me, yet the little emotion he showed was anger and relief. The red spot was blossoming on his right cheek as I felt another wave of triumph as we did some sort of staring contest, the tension blooming around us as I gave him a snarl.

"How dare you come here and act all mad at me!" I growled, as the hairs on my skin tingled with rage, my hairs standing up in a defensive, yet offensive position. His presence made me feel vulnerable, yet mad as he locked his jaw to stare at me.

"You angered my wolf, we were both angry at your disrespectful actions. You are mine, it only deemed fit to mark you before you ran away or think that you can persuade me to let you go," he spoke with his full Alpha voice. I snorted in disgust as he finished, letting my anger roll in waves I started to bark.

"Fuck you! I am not yours and certainly do not want this thing on my neck!" I barked, pointing to the swelling on my neck and shoulder. "I thought you were better than this! I want to be free and explore before anything, I was fine without a mate until you came along! I am not an object and certainly will not be 'yours' anytime soon!" I finished, my blood boiling as I took ragged breaths in anger, my family watched on as the Alpha's eyes focused solely on me, his hands were white and curled into a fist, his face red and his veins popping out in frustration as his jaw was locked and his baby blues stared into mine.

To say that I was scared was an understatement, I was terrified. The new found confidence wavering within me, I can tell the Alpha male could smell it, but I did not show him any weakness. My wolf was howling at me with pride as she admired my confidence toward a very dominant male. He was silent, his muscles constricting, rippling under his skin, wanting to shift, but he controlled his emotions as he stared, my wolf could hear his wolf howling at my disobedience, she was frightened too. As a wolf, she was subjected to being submissive to any Alpha male, but she seemed to be strong and not let his wolf make her submit, I was proud of her.

I could tell by the gold eyes that his wolf was about to surface and Alpha Archer remained in his human form, containing his wolf before he explodes. It was a silent time, yet the growling at the back of his throat was obviously the silence breaker. The room was tense, my family was silent, but I continued to stare with a hard expression, while Alpha Archer contained everything in.

Minutes of silence passed until a screech was heard and the door slamming shut. It took me a few seconds to gain an understanding that he left in a quick manner, a wolf howling in the background that sent me chills as I looked at the empty spot where Alpha Archer was. Crescent telling me that he left in anger and went to contain his wolf, I breathed a sigh of relief and looked back at my family with a small smile. 

"Now, how long have I been out?"

||

Thanks for all your nice comments!

Keep voting and commenting!

Words || 1776