Chapter 29: Irene Rose

A.N DO YA LIKE THE NEW COVER?

It was several days after Alpha Archer's leave from Alpha James' pack. It was Thursday and I was resting in my room, humming a human song I have grown to like when I first heard it. The past few days have been quite boring, with Luna Lily teaching me Luna duties and showing me around the mansion. So far, I have learnt what the pack looks like, where the warriors go to eat, how you eat at the dinner table and so on. She has also shown me around the mansion and all I've remembered is the Donovan Library which was a very large library and reminded me of the human movie 'Beauty and The Beast' where the beast showed Belle his library and she instantly fell in love, just like me.

The walls were plain white and had a lot of dimensions which created a cosy, yet large aura. It was two floors high with glass panels as railings, books ranged from the 1700's all the way up this time, it held human books, folklore, werewolf beginnings, as well as pictures books which I have come to a conclusion, was for when the Donovan household were little pups. There was also a fireplace, which I was told would stay alight for the whole week until Sunday and had a metal pipe for the smoke to leave. The sofas were soft to the touch, it felt like feathers or clouds when I sat on them, there were a few plants here and there and even though they looked out of place, it made me love their library even more.

I've spent most of days here, just curling like a kitten on the couch reading countless of books as the time ticked by. I would come here in the morning and then after my duties, come here at night until 11 pm where I would sleep in my amazing room and repeat the process again and again. Two times a day, Alpha Archer would call his family and chat for around an hour, unfortunately, I was not able to call him as they had informed me it would 'hinder his performance' and I've strayed away from the phone line ever since.

I haven't really made a few friends, however, I recently have become acquainted with one of the maids who bring me coffee in the library which was Mae, who resembled Christen by a lot, even she was crushing on one of the Alphas. She had short blonde hair that reached to her shoulders, pale brown eyes that sparkled when she talked about something she really love and she was very short for her age which was 5'5. She was quiet and timid, but after a small chat with her, she seemed to relax a lot more.

Luna Lily was a very nice person, she was beautiful for someone around her age, however, showed dominance to the male population in her household. She was around my height with brown hair and bright blue eyes just like Alpha Archer, however, he only inherited those qualities from his mother and the rest was probably from his father. Luna Lily was very easy to get to know, she taught with a firm yet gentle hand and loved nature as she gardened most of her time as she taught me the basic of becoming a Luna.

I'm still very much nervous about becoming one, without the support of Crescent, I felt so much pressure to become someone that I was never taught to be. I hated how I felt a part of me was missing and for the past few days, I've been having a few breakdowns in my bathroom because of it. I wasn't able to allow my feelings to flow through the bond because Alpha Archer's wolf was hit with a sleeping drought again which blocked off any communication between us which I was thankful for as it would help me calm my tense mind.

  It was Sunday, the day where I will see Alpha Archer for a couple of hours before leaving back to here.

  I was literally bursting with excitement and outright nervousness, my legs and arms kept fidgeting every once and a while as we drove through the calm and eerie forest. My driver, Eddie, was quietly humming a song, whilst Jacob was sitting next to me checking something on his phone and muttering a few incoherent  words that partially resembled 'do your work idiot' so, in the end, I figured it was for some warriors who were not doing what they were supposed to be doing.

  Jacob has announced a step-in for Alpha Archer when we arrived back to the pack and he's been busy ever since. He seemed quite mad about most things and was very tense every time we talked, I guess being an Alpha does that to you. As I was fidgeting in my seat and releasing hormones that smelt like nervousness, I started to talk to myself like the crazed person I am.

  "What if he doesn't want to see me?"

  "Has he changed or any different the last time I saw him?"

   "How will we greet each other? God, I'm so weird."

 After a few minutes of looking crazy, I felt a light tap on my shoulder and the source was from Jacob who rolled his eyes when I looked at him.

  "Don't worry, from every single call from Archer he always started off with 'How's Irene? Is she okay?' Honestly, it was getting quite annoying. Don't be so nervous Irene, he hasn't changed, it's only been a few days." he soothed, patting my knee for comfort before retracting it and stared off into the forest. I breathed a sigh of relief and shook my head at my own foolishness. Of course, he hasn't changed. Get it together.

  A couple of hours later, we had arrived at what seemed to be a very small pack. It was built around a small lake where in the middle was a small cottage. The Hunter Pack seemed to be very calm just like Alpha James pack, they had a lot of greenery and the warriors were quite built as we passed by them. Kids ran around freely as they greeted some warriors from our pack. Jacob seemed very happy to be here as some kids walked up to him and asked about gazillion questions which resulted in him being carried off by the children and taken off somewhere, where as I was escorted to another area surrounded by trees and low shrubs. 

  The building was very enormous, vines crawled up the sides of the walls and flowers were planted around the perimeter of the building. It was white with cobblestone as its decoration, wooden frames held the windows and the doors to some of the rooms were just simple white wooden doors. It smelt like the forest and looked like a hidden town. Two warriors from this pack greeted me and showed me to a room which was fairly small and consisted of a bed, a wardrobe and a door which I supposed to lead to the bathroom. The walls were an off white colour and the floor was just a beige carpet, these wolves seemed to live a simple, yet happy life and I only wished for this to be my pack.

  I sat down on the bed, dropping my bag on the floor which contained clothes for Monday as I would be staying the night. The quilt appeared to be hand-made which gave a much homier look, it was one of those old style quilts with pictures in every square, mine looked like it told a story because of the wolves howling at the moon to the last image which showed the wolf playing with a child. I admired the design of the quilt and stood up to walk over to the window which showed the lake. 

A few pups were playing by the lake where there was a small patch of sand, in their tiny hands were buckets and spades, some adult wolves looked at them admiringly as they talked between each other and I couldn't help but wonder if Alpha Archer and I could have kids.

I shook my head at the thought and glanced at my wrist watch. It was only a matter of time before I met with Alpha Archer and my stomach did somersaults as I watched the time slowly ticked by. It would be soon until the clock stroked 8 pm and then I would have to face him.

 It would be soon until the clock stroked 8 pm and then I would have to face him