Chapter 64: Irene Rose

A.N OML OML, GODDESS, WE REACHED #20 ON WEREWOLF. HOLY CRAPPO! thank you so much, guys! another filler chapter, but double update in a week am I right?

    "IRENE! You're home!" my siblings screamed in pure happiness as they tackled me to the ground. Eva, Timmy and Johnny wrapped their arms around me, practically suffocating me into the ground as they laughed. We were finally back to my old house, a place I used to call home and still always will be.

    My parents stood by the front door, tears leaving their eyes as I got a chance to stand up and ran to hug them, the smell of my mother's cooking lingering on their clothes as I kissed both their cheeks. Archer came up behind me and gave my mother a kiss on the cheek and my father a small handshake before everyone ushered us inside.

  Our driver had already begun taking the bags out and the beta of my old pack was helping too. I look at the familiar living room, gulping back at the memories of before I left. Archer choking my siblings and my father unconscious on the floor, but, everything looked the same before that incident and I tried to push back those thoughts and replace them with the happier ones. I felt a warm hand slip into mine which shot tingles down my spine and I instantly knew it was my mates.

    "It's all in the past now, I'm sorry for that day," he said sincerely, he knew what I was thinking, I was being foolish, knowing that he could tell what I was thinking and I wasn't bothered to block it. 

    "I know, I know, I'm just trying to forget them," I said and steered him in the kitchen where my mother was cooking her homemade chicken. My father was sitting on the island, looking at the newspaper before glancing up at us with a small smile.

   "We're so glad you're home kiddo, the pack will be celebrating your return," my dad beamed, dropping his newspaper and came over to give me a quick kiss on the cheek.

  "Really?" I asked excitedly, I get to see my friends, Christen and Keenan would be so excited!

   "Yep, the Alpha's son finally took reign and thought it was fitting to host a celebration for your coming and Alpha Archer's. Christen and Keenan are very excited to see you after all this time." my dad informed me, picking up Johnny in his arms and started blowing raspberries making him laugh.

   "Goddess, I miss Christen and Keenan," I mumbled, feeling a small hold gap in my heart as I remembered both my friends. 

   "Who is Keenan?" Archer growled at me, stretching Keenan's time as if it disgusted him, his hand tightening against mine, his eyes swirling gold. I chuckled, what is up with him?

    "An old friend of mine, he was a best friend to me, made me really happy along with Christen," I beamed brightly, remembering how the three of us used to run around the pack together.

   "Don't I make you happy?" he muttered under his breath, a frown plastering his face as he thought to himself.

    "Of course you do, Keenan is like an older brother to me, you're my mate, there are two different types of happiness," I told him as I brought him to the living room, I sat next to him, but it didn't last very long before he used his hands to put me on his lap. I cuddled into him instantly.

   "And those are?" he growled again, obviously uncomfortable with the topic of Keenan.

  "With him, it's like a brotherly happiness, he makes me feel protected from other wolves, he was my protector from all the bullies. With you, I feel not only protected but happier, you know the lovey-dovey kind," I whispered, kissing his cheek softly making him give me a small smile.

   "From now on, I am the only wolf that can make you happy," he told me protectively, his grip on my waist tightening as he planted his lips on mine.

   "All right you big bad Alpha," I chuckled, retreating back and snuggled into his warmth.

   "Don't call me that," he whined out and I burst into a fit of laughter.

    "What do you think you're gonna do while you're here?" my mother asked me as my family and Archer ate together for dinner. We were only here for two hours and we had already settled in nicely, Archer was staying in my room and promised my father we wouldn't be doing the nasty as well as all of our stuff was placed in my wardrobe.

   "Well tomorrow is the pack party, so that's what we'll be doing. Probably the next day after that I'll hang with my two friends and then we'll see what we will be doing for the rest of the week," I told them, chewing on the chicken as she nodded.

    "I was hoping before you left we go to the human lands and go to a carnival they are hosting," my father said as he fed Johnny.

   "Yes!" Eva grinned brightly, stopping whatever she was drawing to squeal in happiness.

    "How's Elena doing at her mate's pack?" I inquired as I felt Archer's hand stroke my thigh.

    "She is doing well, very happy and a popular one in the pack," my father said as Johnny gurgled out his food and he groaned in frustration.

   "Eat your food Johnny," he muttered out.

   "As always," I sighed, remembering how Elena was always the partier and popular one out of the siblings, she was a social butterfly, it was no surprise there.

   "Was your trip here easy?" Eva asked as she bit into her chicken and the juice dribbled down her mouth. I grimaced and handed her a tissue.

   "Yeah, Archer got me some flowers on way here," I blushed, remembering the flowers that were in my room. 

  "Oh that's sweet of you Archer, that's good you're treating my daughter, she has never been the one to like gifts," my mother tattled on and I rolled my eyes.

  "Really?" he smirked and his hand on my thigh squeezed it. I blushed at the tingles erupted.

  "She wasn't as popular as Elena, but she was good with the guys as the pack, she received quite a few gifts from them and each one she rejected!" she continued loudly, laughing at my embarrassment. A few guys here and there would take interest in me and showered me with flowers, I didn't want them, so, I simply gave it back to them.

   "I'll be the only one giving her gifts from now on, she doesn't need those pups anyway," Archer huffed out, a hint of jealousy in his voice as he gripped my thigh possessively. His eyes darkening at the thought of other males giving his mate gifts when it wasn't him.

   "Well it's good she's never gotten attached to anyone then," my father nodded, a small smirk at his lips seeing Archer's reaction.

    "Good, I don't have to kill anyone then," Archer replied with pride.

     "Archer no!" I said over exaggerating and slapped his arm.

    "You're not killing anyone," I huffed out and he grinned, leaning down to my ear and kissed it.

    "I might not kill anyone, but I could hurt someone if any male was interested in you," he grumbled out, a hint of anger somewhere there and retreated back.

   "Green is not a good colour on you," I muttered out.

   "You haven't seen nothing yet," he smirked as his fingers stroked my thigh from under the table, I gave him a glare.