Chapter 47: Alpha Archer's

My family sat in my office, my sister next to my parents and my brother who seemed to understand what would be happening. They all looked at me expectedly, their eyes trained on me, waiting for something to happen. Kayley's gaze was hard, she was tense. Her hormones practically leeched out of her, she was quite mad for someone who woke up pretty early in the morning, she was a morning person. My mother and father were looking at me curiously, but their gazes were solely on me and I could see the annoyance for waking up earlier than when they should be awake, but this matter was too urgent to not happen later.

     "What all of you did yesterday was unacceptable, Jacob, you of all people should've at least said something. Kayley, you were out of line and mother, father, you too." I told them with command laced in my voice. Kayley was fidgeting in her seat afterwards, her hard gaze still remained on me as my mother and father nodded ever so slowly. 

      "But Archer, she-" Kayley tried to start, but I butted in, my wolf growing agitated at the disrespect.

     "No Kayley, Irene and I have had a rough start, yes, she did run away, but it was my fault. She did give me a chance at the start, but I ruined it within the same day we met. If your mate did that, would you give them another chance? She didn't have anyone to lean on in the days she was here, only Jacob was nice enough to talk to her and teach her how to fight. I thought you'd at least bond with her, you haven't met another she-wolf in ages and she hasn't met many people either. I had a lot of faith in you when I was away and you have let me down." I fumed at her, my hands curled into fists as I stared at her. Her aura had changed from an agitated colour, down to a dim shade of blue which showed that she was feeling bad, or guilty. I haven't really worked out the colour chart of feelings yet.

     "I-I understand, but, that doesn't mean I don't like her though. You should've heard when she said she didn't want to be a Luna or bear your pups! It's a disgrace to the pack!" she bit back, her guilty colour turning into an ugly shade of purplish red. I felt my wolf growl at her for her disobedience. I saw Jacob move to intervene, his aura reddish orange indicating his annoyance to our sister's attitude.

     "She's not like many of us, she is an individual who has been through a lot. She's taking things slowly, we want to take things slowly. Her wolf has disappeared, she's got no one to lean on and it's my bloody fault. You'd think I'd do anything to make her happy? I would, and if taking things slowly is something that she needs, then so be it. Don't try and think that she's a disgrace, she's more than I ever thought I've had." I exclaimed loudly, anger coursing through me as I felt my sister's gaze still on me, her aura still red with anger as I practically felt the daggers she placed on me.

     "That gives her no right to disregard the pack! She's the reason why you're in that stupid pack, she is the reason why you're wasting your life with therapy rather than here with your family! She is the reason for your pain and suffering, and as your sister, I don't want to see you like that ever again," she chokes out loudly, her aura changing from red to a blue and everything made sense.

   My sister wasn't mad at Irene because of not giving me a chance or taking up the Luna position, she just misses me and she hates when I'm sad. Kayley has always been by my side, she's cared for me and was the youngest out of all of us. She just misses being a full family, she's always been emotional and dramatic and seeing me gone has to take a toll on her. 

    "Come here Kayley," I told her whilst spreading my arms out for her to hug. I saw her outline nod and she rushed to me and wrapped her thin arms around me and hugged the living life out of me. I stroked her back whilst I felt her cries on my shoulder, she sat on my lap as she cried her tears. My wolf felt cried out lightly, Venus felt terrible for not understanding his relative as he moaned out. He didn't like when my sister was upset, she was one of our closest siblings and he hated knowing that it was us that made her upset, even though she believed the cause of it was Irene. It was our own fault for our pain, never Irene's.

    "It's all her fault, if she hadn't run away this would've never happened," Kayley cried out and I wanted to defend Irene because she wasn't the problem. I was, I deserved this.

    "It's not her fault, it's my own, I take the blame, it's my fault for making you cry," I told her softly, trying to make her believe that it was me that made all this happen.

    "You're just saying that because she's your mate," she fought back and I sighed in annoyance. Kayley was a stubborn girl and if she wanted to believe that, it'll be hard to make her believe my side or even look into it.

    "I can't make you change your mind, but I need you to at least tolerate Irene. She's been feeling down, lonely and it's hard for me to see her like that. Please, just talk once to her and that'll make me happy." I pleaded with her whilst rubbing her back.

    It took her some time to respond, obviously, she was thinking about it and I tried not look at her aura, I want her not say it, not find out from what she was feeling. I glanced at my family members, they've been silent through the whole ordeal, but I saw my brother's aura was yellow. He felt happy that I've gone to fix this, but my parent's still remained tense as they looked at how I interacted with my sister.

      "I'll try," after a few minutes of waiting, my sister had finally replied and unravelled her arms away from my own and I felt her gaze drop to mine. I felt a smile creep up into my lips and beamed at her.

     "Thank you," I sighed in relief before she got off my lap and back into the chair she previously sat on. Her aura still in an annoyed, but calm colour as she stared at my parent's for approval. My father nodded at her then back at me, his gaze still hard on me as he waited for me to speak.

     "Irene will become Luna two months after your retreat if she doesn't approve. I don't care your pack needs a Luna and that's final. Or else, you find your own Luna," and there goes the bomb.

A.N CHECK OUT 'BABY STEPS' ON MY PROFILE, FIRST TWO CHAPTERS POSTED :)

N CHECK OUT 'BABY STEPS' ON MY PROFILE, FIRST TWO CHAPTERS POSTED :)